GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,534 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: Ok Uncle. How do I rate a game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M D
United States
Cos Cob
CT
flag msg tools
I'm sure it's right under my nose but I can't find a place to put a 1-10 rating on a game. I'm embarrassed to say I've been looking for over 10 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go down to the bottom of the game page, and click "record info". Then click on the box next to "rating" and there you go!

There are other ways, like if you search for a game in the search bar, then all you have to do is click the rating box on the game line to rate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
mgdpublic wrote:
I'm embarrassed to say I've been looking for over 10 minutes.

You shouldn't be embarrassed. It's one of the worst design flaws on the entire site interface, in a place no one would ever consider looking. It's the central most important feature of the site, but it's at the bottom of the page hidden beneath other links you must first click... yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
cosine wrote:
mgdpublic wrote:
I'm embarrassed to say I've been looking for over 10 minutes.

You shouldn't be embarrassed. It's one of the worst design flaws on the entire site interface, in a place no one would ever consider looking. It's the central most important feature of the site, but it's at the bottom of the page hidden beneath other links you must first click... yeah.

Yep. Should be right at the top on a game's page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest is if you're on your personal collection page. Just click the appropriate entry in the "Your Rating" column and enter the number you'd like. If you hover over the little "i" that appears it will summarize for you what each of the ratings means.

P.S. You can add whatever games you'd like to your collection -- not just ones that you own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I thought the answer was going to be:

Find a game that everyone loves, even before it's released, and they have rated it a 10. Rate it a 1 out of spite.

Alternatively, search for ratings of 1 and rate the game 10 to balance things out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JoLene Ramm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mgdpublic wrote:
I'm sure it's right under my nose but I can't find a place to put a 1-10 rating on a game. I'm embarrassed to say I've been looking for over 10 minutes.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with issues finding out how to rate my games. modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
cosine wrote:
It's the central most important feature of the site ...

Says who?

The screaming hordes complaining about whatever the latest ranking change was, mostly

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.