GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,176 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Firestorm Armada» Forums » General

Subject: So...is Firestorm Armada good or what? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about the pull the trigger and buy in...but I have zero experience with this particular system and only a passing familiarity with other miniatures games. (I'm a recent convert to the minis way of thinking/playing!)

The minis look great, but reviews here are scarce. Anyone out there playing? How does it compare to, say, Full Thrust or Starmada: The Admiralty Edition, or even Battle Fleet Gothic for that matter?

Thanks for any feedback or info!

Robert H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the game but haven't played it yet. The combat system reminds me of Axis and Allies War at Sea.

Firestorm Armada is less complicated than Starmada and about equal in complexity to Full Thrust. It looks fun but I have doubts about the construction system. It allows for cheesey ships. I think Starmada is the best of the three followed by Full Thrust then Firestorm Armada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
I've got the game but haven't played it yet. The combat system reminds me of Axis and Allies War at Sea.

Firestorm Armada is less complicated than Starmada and about equal in complexity to Full Thrust. It looks fun but I have doubts about the construction system. It allows for cheesey ships. I think Starmada is the best of the three followed by Full Thrust then Firestorm Armada.

Thanks for the feedback. I saw your post on my other thread in Wargames/General. Perhaps I'll order some of the minis but skip the rules implementation of Firestorm Armada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.