GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: What are some interesting trivia games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hyman
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've tried to introduce someone to my newfound love of Euro gaming, even starting out with the classic gateway game Ticket to Ride. He played it, and I think he enjoyed it, but he knows what he likes and turns up his nose at anything I bring out that does not have to do with trivia. It can have other mechanics besides simply Q&A, but it has to have that general knowledge Q&A (the more sports related, the better). Lighter fare such as Wits and Wagers and Smart Ass have gone over really well, and then there's the classic Trivial Pursuit which is always a stand-by that he enjoys. Also, Apples to Apples did not sit very well, so this kind of game is out too. It has to involve classic trivia Q&A. I also like trivia games, but I want something that can scratch my itch too with interesting mechanics and something lighter fare, less mundane than Trivial Pursuit. What are your suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Smarty Party!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't come across any game that would successfully fuse strategy games aka euros to trivia, it tends to lean either way - but you should look at Fauna even though sports are not included, also Bezzerwizzer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hyman
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smarty Party! has potential; I just wonder about "naming things on a list" vs. classic Q&A. My first look at Fauna made me say, "ooh, a Friedemann Friese trivia game?", but I don't think that would work since it is animal-specific. Bezzerwizzer looks like it has the most potential: classic Q&A in a broad range of categories and interesting mechanics with the ordering of categories and special tiles. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.