GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Dominion: Alchemy» Forums » General

Subject: BSW Golem implementation bugged rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing the "Golem" card on BSW currently freezes the game.

This has not always been the case, and is not the case for everyone, but my situation is not unique. It has been doing this for at least four days now, so I thought this was enough time to alert the powers-that-be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried clicking the green arrow on the right side?

(just kidding. Golem on BSW is irritating even when it does work like it should. Which it quite often doesn't)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisztina F
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue happen to one of the ppl i was playing with yesterday. We had to abandon the game, very frustrating indeed. Good to know that this is not a unique situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
This just happened to my opponent as well. Strangely, it had worked fine for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Berglind
Sweden
Kungälv
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Try clicking on the area just left of the arrow. It's not a very satisfying solution, and one would hope it's not a permanent one, but it does work.
At least for me.
At least yesterday.

Johan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IrishFire Herself
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
metzgerism wrote:
Playing the "Golem" card on BSW currently freezes the game.

This has not always been the case, and is not the case for everyone, but my situation is not unique. It has been doing this for at least four days now, so I thought this was enough time to alert the powers-that-be.

Indeed. It works for me, though very slowly, and it's a powerful card. It froze for my opponent on the very turn he intended to end the game. We had no idea who was winning--very unsatisfying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wallace
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6th Circle Nethermancer in Service of the Queen!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's frozen for me 3 times and for opponent's twice. Hasn't worked AT ALL in the past 3 days in any of 12 or so games I've played there.

You can go to the Lobby and return, and even close the Client and come back and it will still be frozen.

I haven't tried clicking to the left though... I'll try that if it comes up again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brallier
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I had this problem the other day and, at first, the game appears frozen. On my mac the arrow to click through cards is in the right place (to the left below the Golem picture). On my PC it isn't (It's on the right below the Golem picture). But, if you click just opposite to the arrow, it works! It was annoying, but it worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that it's bugged in the English localization; if you set "/language de", it works properly. I just tried a game with it set to German in this way, and I was able to use Golem. (The card names are unfamiliar, but I was able to work from the art.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pål Toler
Sweden
Uppsala
Unspecified
flag msg tools
OF GAMES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they changed the interface so that the arrow is on the left side (same side as the adventurer), but they forgot to update the graphics in the English client. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

In the meantime you can either click on the left side or change the language to German.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh wow...I switched the language in hopes of getting the Menzel art permanently and was successful! Mmm...menzel...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaka Zulu
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing golem on bsw is still buggy. It trashes randomly your action cards somehow. I think we shall all stay a little more patient until most of the bug get fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.