Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Trade Manager rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Over the weekend I added the ability to attach a note when sending a trade proposal.

Also, I was wondering if I should switch this thing over to use the BGG message system entirely. Even though I add DO NOT REPLY at the beginning of every email, I am still getting replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tyler
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Switching over to BGG message system works well for me. And since there is a check box for forwarding BGG messages to an email account, that should cover all your bases.

Thanks for adding the note feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You so totally rock, dude.

Yeah, message system switch-over seems wise.

Keep it up man, and I'm giving you a raise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please...
I check my geekmail more often than I check for real e-mail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Switch!
Without knowing the details, it seems that one system (if it works) is always better than two. Therefore, switch it to the BGG message system. After all, it is where I have most of my trade feelers located anyway. Would be nice to keep it all centralized.

More importantly...when will the front page link be added? So that we can go to the trade manager directly instead of (as I do it) via history links.

Finally, while I haven't used it, I do appreciate the ability to add a note. I have wanted to do that on the last two trade proposals...so will be nice to have it for future proposals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Switching to the BGG message system would work nicely. Thanks for the comment box in the trade proposal. Also, I noticed that there seems to be one part of the trade manager that doesn't work. I am unable to see completed trades through the trade manager. All of the other parts that I have used (pending offers, shipping and feedback) seem to work fine and show the expected info. Right now I have 5 completed trades (2 from me and 3 to me) but when I click on the view link for either of these all I get is a table with column headers but no content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI
Hello,

I just finished a trade today and thought I would give input.

FYI:

1. The note section was very helpful.
2. We communicated and arranged the details mostly by e-mail.

So while the e-mail system worked best for us, I suppose messages here would still work. The thing is, most people that see this journal check in here every day. I would imagine a lot of other people would need an e-mail to get their attention if they only check in here every week or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering . . .
why you chose not to use the BGG message system for this in the first place. Since we have the "forwarding" option anyway, I was thinking there was some programming thing that made it easier for you to use email. If that is not the case, I definitely agree that it should use the BGG message system instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Yeah, I keep forgetting about the message forwarding thing. I will switch over ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wheeler
United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pending Feature
The new Trade Manager is sizing up to be great! One thing I thought would be nice (on top of being able to add notes) would be a link to any trades that are pending so they could be seen at a glance.

I also agree that it would be better to use the BGG message system since many times I don't have access to my already downloaded email and would like to check what trade proposals I'm involved in. Until there is some kind of list showing what the offers are, it would allow us to "Geek on the Go."

Great job and I know it's only gonna get better.

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used the New Trade Manager for 3 trades so far. Appreciate all the features and the ones coming in the future!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.