GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,439 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Battue: Storm of the Horse Lords» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Videoish Review III rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Battue [+] [View All]
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
I focus on Storage, Components, Set-up, and Game-play. This is an older game, but a review is a review. Hope this helps anyone out there considering the game.

Learned quite a bit from previous installments. No music this time. Lengthened the slides. Tried different lighting, but it did funky things to the wider shots.

Next up: Horus Heresy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
When I saw the title of this post, I thought at first that it said 'Storm the House of Lords'

Wow, I thought, that's a game I have to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
mb
I kept typing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question:
at 5:40 you claim "free loot" but you still have to fight to gain control of the hovel and the card (and the other one with no loot card) or risk getting repelled, right?
d6+2 attackers vs. d6 +0?

BTW, I really like your reviews!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
mb
ReignsEternal wrote:
Just a quick question:
at 5:40 you claim "free loot" but you still have to fight to gain control of the hovel and the card (and the other one with no loot card) or risk getting repelled, right?
d6+2 attackers vs. d6 +0?

Right you are! I was a bit excited at that point: My games usually look more like the poor Orange player.

And thank you! I'll keep this style coming. After doing StarCraft (which I will probably have to reshoot, because I'd been playing that puppy totally wrong apparently), I've discovered that bigger games might have to have split the review: One part for storage and components, and the other for set-up and Game-play. Horus Heresy is a big one. We'll see how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.