GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,608 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Tal der Abenteuer: Die Schatzsuche im Himalaja» Forums » Rules

Subject: Entering the temple and flipping token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boon Kuan Woo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I have questions about flipping the token and entering the temple.

Do you need to play the exact card movement to land on a space with the token and then flipping it?

If the card played make your adventurer token moves past the boulder token, does that mean you cannot flip it and gets the benefit?

How about entering the final temple, can you play a card that exceed the required movements in order to enter the temple?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
Good questions as the English translation isn't specific.

I've played twice and regarding the first question I assumed that the word "land" means ending your full movement, whereas I interpreted the word "reach the temple" doesn't require the card with the exact number of spaces.

The true test is to try contrasting interpretations and see which works best or suits your playing tastes.

Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel van Peenen
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the original dutch rules and these state:

You play a card and then you move the character the number of spaces as indicated on the card.
To me this means you are not allowed to move less spaces.

Regarding the temple the rules are less clear, as already stated by Nick.
We always played as Nick play, so only when reaching the Temple are you allowed to move less spaces than indicated on the cards.
Now reading your question I don't know if this is correct but it just feels more natural in some way.

I hope this helps a little.

Michel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Long
United States
Brush Prairie
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play the same. Always use the exact number of spaces unless finishing off at the temple. Otherwise the exact card to land in the temple would be an old fashioned "Lets make the finish artificially melodramatic" and remove any semblance of strategy for luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.