GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,220 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Stalin's War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can supply be traced into (not through) enemy ZOC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course. If not then no units on the front lines would ever be in supply right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. Friendly units negate enemy ZOC for supply. So when you trace supply to a unit adjacent to enemy unit then there is no enemy ZOC for supply purposes in a hex containing friendly unit.
It is more importnat than it seems. If supply could be traced into enemy ZOC then reinforcements could be placed in friendly empty cities andjacent to enemy units - that's why I'm asking this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. Then I don't know the answer. There are quite a few glaring holes in this rulebook TBH (see my other threads).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marjoram
United States
Harbor City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this will become a little clearer to you if you recall that rule 13.1.2 says that you trace a line of supply TO (my emphasis) a friendly supply source. For example, if we had a row of three hexes, A next to B which is next to C, and a unit in hex A is tracing supply, then the supply line starts in hex B and ends in hex C. The consequence of this is that you can place Reinforcements, etc. in cities in enemy ZOC.

It's a good question though and I will add it to the list of clarifications in the errata folder.

Adam, I'm sorry you find this rulebook to be full of "glaring holes". We made a good faith effort to make it as clear as possible, but inevitably what is clear for one person is not clear for another, and rulebooks get read by many, many more people after publication than they do during development (where it was probably read by 20-30 people, whose requests for clarifications were addressed). We will continue to address any questions you or others have, including them in the errata and clarifications as appropriate (see the Files section of this board). GMT also supports "living rules' for its games (i.e. downloadable pdfs of rules containing clarifications and errata that came to light after publication), so you can expect to see one of those for Stalin's War too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW I may have been a bit too harsh. I think the rulebook is fairly well written, but a bit poorly organised and missing a few points here and there. All and all it's probably about average (with above average writing).

I would much prefer good solid easy to read rules (which these are) to all encompassing legalese.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.