GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,845 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Race for the Galaxy: The Brink of War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solitare + Planet Buster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if the robot should have to pay 1 credit if they develop due to them rolling the Develop phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
houjix1138 wrote:
I was wondering if the robot should have to pay 1 credit if they develop due to them rolling the Develop phase?

Hah, nice find! I might be missing something, but the wording in the TGS rulebook seems to imply that it's free.

Develop action: draw 1 card and then flip to find a development. If a 6-cost development is found and the robot has positive credit, decrease its credit by 1 and place it; otherwise discard it and continue flipping cards.

The Imperium Planet Buster may need to be renamed to the Solitaire Dream Crusher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been counting the planet buster as a 6 cost and making the robot pay for it.

Would be nice to have an official ruling though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Rindel wrote:
I've been counting the planet buster as a 6 cost and making the robot pay for it.

Would be nice to have an official ruling though.

The official ruling is on page 15 of the TBoW rules; it is treated as an ordinary development in the solitaire game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom. I guess I missed that little rules blurb.

entranced wrote:

The Imperium Planet Buster may need to be renamed to the Solitaire Dream Crusher.

It wasn't too bad. Especially when I started with the Uplit Mercenary Force, Dropped Mercenary Fleet and 2 of the 2 Military Uplift Worlds early, then rolled into Hidden Fortress/NGO combo, dropped the Alien Guardian, and finished up with the 4, 5, and 6 military alien worlds. A 23 pt NGO was kind of nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.