GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,384 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Small World» Forums » Variants

Subject: Post Race/Power Ideas for the blank tiles here rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Melenberg
msg tools
Please feel free to share your own ideas and comment on other's. I know I would appreciate them. Thanks.

A few of my own:

Races

Ghosts 6
May move through one land tile without being seen once per turn. Score an extra coin for each faction of ghosts you have. An extra faction is any group not directly connected to your other ghosts.

Shape Shifters 5
May mimic one active race's power for that turn (in 2 player can also steal from declining races). Can change or stay the same from turn to turn.

Specials

Theiving 3
Gain one extra coin for each different race you are beside (active and declining). Count a maximum of one race to steal from for each land tile you occupy.

Dying-to-change 5
When going into decline may swap two special powers or two races from those to be chosen. Coins remain in their position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
shape shifters are way out of balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of candidate ideas for new race/powers in the Variants section of the message board.

Perhaps creating a consolidation thread or geeklist will give you an opportunity to review the extensive recommended variants available and prevent duplication or ideas that are too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take away the extra VP portion of of Ghosts and it seems good. Should the ability only work on occupied or all regions in terms of skipping over them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Melenberg
msg tools
If I take away the VP portion of Ghosts then maybe they should be able to pass through one territory to attack and do this as many times as they like on a turn...
Or keep the VP portion but reduce their numbers to 3 or 4?

Shape shifters could be overpowered - would reducing their numbers be able to counter this? Or just not reasonable?

Thanks for the comments.

Again please feel free to add your own race/power ideas

Topher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles (Che) Han
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RACE: Lost Tribes (yes its the same race you murderous bastard pillaged at the start of every game!)

STARTING NUMBER: 1

SPECIAL ABILITY: If there are lost tribes still on the board they are converted to 1 victory coin each (these areas still take one extra unit to take over). the first person to conqure that area gets the victory coin.

Pay 1 victory coin to add another lost tribe unit into your army. You can only do this at the end of your turn.

Lost tribes goes into decline as normal but you dont need to flip the counters over since they have the same pics on both sides.
------------------------------------------------------

I got this idea when my GF said she feels sorry for the lost tribes because they seem so helpless and gets wipped from the board the first few rounds.

Still yet to be playtest so it maybe a bit overpowered or underpowered.
The good thing is theres already counters for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.