GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,741 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: Looking for a group near Mansfield TX rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M H
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I live near Mansfield Texas and am looking for a group to play some games with. I don't mind going to South Arlington but would prefer not to travel to DFW. I am new to many games and wouldn't mind learning new ones. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhavok13 wrote:
I live near Mansfield Texas and am looking for a group to play some games with. I don't mind going to South Arlington but would prefer not to travel to DFW. I am new to many games and wouldn't mind learning new ones. Thanks.

I live in Cleburne and I've tried off and on over the years to get a local game group going...I, too, would rather not travel to DFW (no offense intended to those that live there). I do have some gaming buddies in my church that love to get together, but lately work has limited our game sessions to practically nothing.

Don't know if you'd want to travel to Cleburne, but we are planning a game session soon....you're more than welcome to join us! Just geekmail me if you're interested....

Thanks,
jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
South Arlington Gamers meets at the Border's bookstore in the Highland Park shopping center every thursday at 6pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Haydel
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
South Arlington Gamers meets at the Border's bookstore in the Highland Park shopping center every thursday at 6pm.

Just to supplement Andy's post here, the Border's bookstore is actually in a retail area of South Arlington (around 20 and Matlock) called the Arlington Highlands.

Highland Park is the ritzy area of North Dallas. :-)

The guild on BGG is here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
you say tomAto, i say tomahto, you say potato, i say rich and geographically incorrect potahto. ;'(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Dear M H,

Fort Worth Gamers play mainly German/Euro type board and card games, with a few abstracts and light wargames mixed in for good measure. We meet every Tuesday, from 7 to 10 PM, in the cafe, at Borders Books at 4601 W. Freeway (aka I-30 at South Hulen Street), in southwest Fort Worth. No experience is required. New comers are welcome. See this link for the location of the store and driving instructions http://www.borders.com/online/store/StoreDetailView_414

Also see our website at http://fortworthgamers.rhjensen.com/ The group was formed nine years ago. If you have any questions Geekmail me.

Michael Ward - founder
Fort Worth Gamers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you everybody for your help. If my schedule lets me I might be able to check out the gaming at Borders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad H.
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burleson Gamers meets every Thursday night at 6:00pm in the lobby of Ovation Church. It's not too far from Cleburne, just up 174. I think SAG would be closer to Mansfield; although, you could probably take the back way through Rendon over to 35W and then down to 174.

Ovation Church
306 NE Wilshire Blvd.
Burleson, Texas 76028

Hope to see you there! Feel free to drop myself or allshookup a geekmail for questions or just to let us know you are stopping by (not required)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayB wrote:
Burleson Gamers meets every Thursday night at 6:00pm in the lobby of Ovation Church. It's not too far from Cleburne, just up 174. I think SAG would be closer to Mansfield; although, you could probably take the back way through Rendon over to 35W and then down to 174.

Ovation Church
306 NE Wilshire Blvd.
Burleson, Texas 76028

Hope to see you there! Feel free to drop myself or allshookup a geekmail for questions or just to let us know you are stopping by (not required)

Thanks Jay! I just now sent you a geekmail, then came to this thread and saw your post....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.