GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,854 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

The Republic of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blackmail card (VG edition) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

i just saw 2 things on the new Blackmail card :

1/ the influence and pop are decreased with 2d6 in the VG and it was only 1d6 in the AH (and french) edition. Is that normal ?

2/ the second thing : the AH (and french edition) card was not playable vs Cicero or the Catos. Forgotten in the VG edition ?

thanks for your help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
hi,

i just saw 2 things on the new Blackmail card :

1/ the influence and pop are decreased with 2d6 in the VG and it was only 1d6 in the AH (and french) edition. Is that normal ?

2/ the second thing : the AH (and french edition) card was not playable vs Cicero or the Catos. Forgotten in the VG edition ?

thanks for your help !

According to the AH card, it was 2d6 (DR) so the VG edition is consistent with it.

Not sure if the restriction was lifted intentionally or accidentally. Considering the source, I'd guess the latter is far more likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve !

but the blackmail card of the AH edition says only 1d6 not 2d6 so i don't understand what you mean here ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DR (with a capital D) means 2d6. dr (with a lower case d) means 1d6.

So the DR on the AH card means 2d6. Valley used the current convention of 2d6 vs DR to avoid this very confusion. But both editions are consistent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As to your other question (as well as some on other threads), I wasn't assisting Valley at the time this game was produced so I am not privy to why certain things were changed or not. Also, not owning a copy of the AH version, I can't readily check the old cards to see what changes have been made. Finally, I was instructed not to worry about comparing the old to the new edition (I could if I wanted to, of course, but there are other tasks for me sitting out there).

I do know that Valley attempted to clear up rule ambiguities and incorporate errata generated over the years. So perhaps these changes are intentional, but is still possible it was just a typo.

Only John or Rik can answer that definitively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

So the DR on the AH card means 2d6. Valley used the current convention of 2d6 vs DR to avoid this very confusion. But both editions are consistent.

oh ok didn't know that !!! you're right it is very confusing...

thanks for this clarification !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
As to your other question (as well as some on other threads), I wasn't assisting Valley at the time this game was produced so I am not privy to why certain things were changed or not. Also, not owning a copy of the AH version, I can't readily check the old cards to see what changes have been made. Finally, I was instructed not to worry about comparing the old to the new edition (I could if I wanted to, of course, but there are other tasks for me sitting out there).

I do know that Valley attempted to clear up rule ambiguities and incorporate errata generated over the years. So perhaps these changes are intentional, but is still possible it was just a typo.

Only John or Rik can answer that definitively.

Thanks Brian, i hope John or Rik will answer this.
Just to know what the intention was. it's always helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

oh ok didn't know that !!! you're right it is very confusing...

thanks for this clarification !

It is spelled out in all AH rule books that use the convention: dr is "die roll," DR is "dice roll" and TDR is "triple dice roll."

For the AH game of RoR, the definition is on page 2 under "Dice."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.