Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Halo 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it last night, and it is brilliant. I'm stuck at home today this thursday watching contractors. Then I noticed this little free 2 month card for Xbox live.

I have broadband. There is a switch 5 feet from the xbox. So I'll be logging in as moofrank for xbox live.

There is a nifty game setup menu in Halo 2 that lets you add friends, and stick together as you go from game to game in the multiplayer. And might actually make the whole online shooting thing fun.

Moo
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
feh!
I've been playin' the shit outta GTA: San Andreas lately. It's a killer game... I'm amazed that they've been able to take GTA 3 and improve it with GTA: Vice City and then improve that with the latest chapter... Meanwhile, I've still never played Halo, but it's not intentional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Warrell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
HL2
<5 days and counting the hours....

now if only they'd sort out DoD : Source as well meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me too!
I'll definately add you to my friends list. If anyone here from the Geek wants to add me, my X-Box Live name is JMW23. I use the same name for everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
that's it. I gotta get on Live now.

well, not NOW, of course, because I hafta finish the SP game, but in a week or so....oh yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FPS
I was surprised by my attraction to FPS's. I liked playing the original Halo because while the game itself is very twitchy and simplistic, the control and smoothness are just amazing. It is all in subtle ways like how your targetting controls drift just a bit to help you keep a moving enemy in the reticle, and how the different weapons are really different.

But I had never tried it multiplayer until today. I suspect that I would really hate the whole multiplayer FPS thing, but I was forced to play Counterstrike a few months back and quite enjoyed it.

The Halo 2 game matching system is REALLY amazing. Hit a few buttons with your preferences, and the system starts filling games, taking your preferences into account. And with the horde of Halo 2 players now, games fill in seconds.

The voice chat thing seems useful, but maybe a quarter of the folks playing seem to be talking. (Perhaps the 2 month freebie and no headset is very pervasive.)

The only downside is that I'm trying to get Sandi interested, as up to 4 people can log on from a single console. She is:
A: not a big fan of the shooter thing.
B: easily annoyed by other people.
C: Wants to play more Fable.

Moo,
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom glass
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BGG Clan
Hey guys,
I'll be sending you all friends requests today.
My gamertag is: glassairports. so keep an eye out.
I've already got a clan going and hope to have a homepage on Bungie.net soon.
It be kind of interesting to have a group of us from BGG playing in competition.

Thanks,
Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Felker
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was one of those who was in line at midnight to get a copy.

Awesome game...

My live tag is: Lain Legoli

Please add me, regardless of skill level.

I plan to add the two I see here in this journal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom glass
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gamertags
Frank, do you have a gamertag yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Bailey
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am Mahaziggy.

I will add everyone I see on here, because I'm always looking for people when I'm online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer Tag
I did get moofrank as my gamer tag.

Since I'm doing the freebie 2 month thing, I don't have a headset. JWitt has shown me the charm of having a headset---it actually means that the whole teamwork thing is theoretically possible.

None of the groups I've been playing with have been using voice to spot snipers, which does seem odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys need to get with the program and ditch the Xbox to play some more PC games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.