Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Why no Essen games for sale online? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'm getting fed up with waiting. Where the heck are all the imported Essen games? I figured that companies like Funagain and Gamefest would have brought back crates and crates of new releases to sell to the hungry American fans, but they are nowhere to be found.

I did find a copy of Oltremare at BoulderGames yesterday. I put it in my cart, browsed for a few more items to add, and when I tried to buy it told me it was out of stock! I got skunked!

Anyway, I keep checking religiously, but the new releases are nowhere to be found. Is it the dollar/euro thing? Is it because Rio Grande is too quick to come out with the English versions?

Please help me understand (or just help me find some imports)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
I think most retailers purchase games at Essen and then ship them back to the US, delaying the process in getting the games to us.

It seems like I heard that before....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boulder
Yeah, according to the newsletter, I think Boulder games still has to get it in stock. For some reason, the Oltremare page still lets you put it into the cart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nelson
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry... I may have been the one who skunked you. I was checking Bounder and Funagain regularly since Essen and noticed it was in stock yesterday. 10 minutes after I placed my order I went back just to see if I was imagining it, and I noticed they were out of stock again. I'm still paranoid I'm not going to get it.

I emailed Funagain about a week ago and they said they would have copies around mid November, so you should keep checking their site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skunked
Not your fault, even if it was you

Personally, I think putting an item in your cart ought to "reserve" it until you either complete the transaction or your session times out.

Most likely it will be picked up by a major publisher and rereleased with upgraded components anyway. I'm just anxious to get my hands on the new stuff and puzzled why it isn't being sold anywhere.

Does it really take this long to ship from Germany to US? I was starting to think that I was too late and it was all snapped up in the first few days following the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oops
Oops, I was wrong. Apparently between when I read that in the newsletter and now, they got it in and sold out within hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oltremare
Bummer, huh? I saw they were getting it and emailed them telling them I wanted a copy. They said to check the web site. Since I have a job during the day where I'm not allowed to surf the net I had to wait until I got home when I could see that they were now completely sold out. Hurray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I put in my order with Adam-Spielt yesterday. I've had great success with them. I ordered 5 games that were released at Essen and aren't available over here yet. They're a good source for Essen games if you want them now. There a some that I'll just wait until RGG releases an English version of them.

I'm one of the lucky ones to have gotten a copy of Oltremare from BG though I missed out on Breeze's new game when they had it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.