United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to play 3 games last night.

Tuchulcha was first up. A backgammon/parchisi game that I'd played before. Not terribly exciting, but an enjoyable amusement for 30 or 40 minutes.

Then I got to play one of the games I brought, Relationship Tightrope. This is a well-done Reiner Knizia trick-taking/auction game that I almost never play because of the terrible theming. (Right. Relationships. That's a game that every gaming geek will want to play. No, that clearly wasn't their target market.) It took a bit of work to convince people to play, because of that theming, and I heard some mocking comments from others who glanced over. Nonetheless, we played. It was fun.

Last up was Age of Steam, a repeat of a game I don't own and enjoy getting to play. This game was, unfortunately, semi-agony because a very slow player joined us at the last minute. I also got creamed, which probably didn't help. Waiting 10-15 minutes to take the next losing move, never good. Nonetheless, I met my goal, which was to get to profitability, rather than shrinking back toward bankruptcy.

The setup of this game of Age was really nasty for making money. The reason I did so badly was that this bad setup required much more extensive lookahead and planning. And, that level of work might be more than I'm willing to put out in a game. Nonetheless, I'm still going to try it again, and actually do the work next time and see if it's still fun.

Other games I saw being played: Settlers of Catan (x2), Web of Power (mostly the same group as last week, same location), Bang!, Meureteur, Vinci, Colossal Arena, Rumiss, Blood Bowl (as part of a tournament, apparently), Lost Cities, Wordigo (a brand new game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.