GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,974 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » Variants

Subject: Relic Meeple Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Beesley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
When we play carc we usually play with a new kinda meeple called a relic.

We use little wooden cubes painted in the six different colours ^^

The relic is placed in exactly the same way as a normal follower (so it cannot be placed on an occupied feature), and other followers can not be placed on a feature the relic occupies.

The relic does NOT, however, allow the owning player to control the feature for the purposes of scoring.

A city with a relic on it scores 3 points per tile and 3 points per pennant, and a road with a relic on it scores 2 points per tile. The relic can only be of use if a player manages to link it to their feature. A farm with a relic on it scores an extra 2 points per city.

A player can use the bonus from their opponent's relic. The overall effect of these rules is to add new tactical considerations (do I add another follower to the city, and make it more safely mine, or do I add my relic), and to make roads more valuable. (They can now quite easily score 14+ points, especially when playing with I&C aswell.

:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea meeple

1 question though:
Does every player get 1 relic each ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Beesley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yuss indeed. Like all the other special meeples
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
There doesn't seem to be any reason to have them in six different colors, since they all score the same. They remind me a bit of the treasures from Tigris & Euphrates.

Now if each player can only score with his own relic, then there's a reason to have the different colors. Or there could be different scoring rules for someone else's relic, like you only get half the bonus points, or a flat X points for scoring a feature with someone else's relic. Say 1 point for a road, 2 for a city, and 3 for a farm.

Or you could even get *more* points for "stealing" someone else's relic than you do for your own! That way, you'd only place the relic when you could be really sure of scoring it yourself. Actually, that might not be so good, since everyone would then hold back their relics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.