GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Mark Rogers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I assume that in Missile Envy that the player who plays the Missile Envy card for it's event text is not the one that gets to choose among the highest equal op points card.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
"You" is the player of the card, "opponent" is the other guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, his opponent selects his highest Ops card and hands it over. If he has two or more of equal high value, he must choose one - clearly your opponent is on the honour system when this card is played to actually hand over his highest ops card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
No, his opponent selects his highest Ops card and hands it over. If he has two or more of equal high value, he must choose one - clearly your opponent is on the honour system when this card is played to actually hand over his highest ops card.

Not sure with what you are disagreeing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rogers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
TwoShedsJackson wrote:

Not sure with what you are disagreeing.

I was responding to the OP, when I hit Reply his was the only post, so we must have been replying more or less simultaneously, I wasn't disagreeing with your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rogers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Right, but it's still confusing why you started your reply with "No".

Neither of us understand what point you are objecting to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
m4bwav wrote:

Then you, respectfully, need to learn to ask better questions. You asked:

m4bwav wrote:
I assume that in Missile Envy that the player who plays the Missile Envy card for it's event text is not the one that gets to choose among the highest equal op points card.

Reduced to more abstract terms, you are asking:

"I assume that A is not the B."

"No" is a perfectly valid answer to your question, although "that is correct" might have been less ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rogers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
turbothy wrote:
m4bwav wrote:

Then you, respectfully, need to learn to ask better questions. You asked:

m4bwav wrote:

Reduced to more abstract terms, you are asking:

"I assume that A is not the B."

"No" is a perfectly valid answer to your question, although "that is correct" might have been less ambiguous.

Thanks for pointing that out, but "respectfully" your suggestion that the question is poorly written is silly. This is a complex rule we are discussing, I don't think I failed in expressing myself, as none of the readers misunderstood my intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
m4bwav wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out, but "respectfully" your suggestion that the question is poorly written is silly.

In the future, you could instead phrase questions as actual questions instead of phrasing them as statements of presumption of already-knowing:

m4bwav wrote:

Ask for help with a question, not an assumed answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
m4bwav wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out, but "respectfully" your suggestion that the question is poorly written is silly.

As Jay points out, there's no question at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.