GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,406 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

José Antonio Rivero
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria- Canary Islands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HELLO,
I am searching playtesters for Africa colonial card driven game (with a nice board game map) . Playtesters should be one from each of these countries please:
Great Britain, France, Germany and Belgium.

the board map:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christophe cilier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why a french ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Rivero
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because those are the 4 nationalities involved in this game.

Le question ici est: est-ce que tu veux engagez les troupes coloniales et tester le jeu ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christophe cilier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I will not have any time before june 20th, if you need a french tester

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What are those playtesters supposed to do? Is there anything particular about the request for four different nationalities or is it just for thematic purposes?

Give some more details and I might be up for this .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jarinu wrote:

Le question ici est: est-ce que tu veux engagez les troupes coloniales et tester le jeu ?? :what:

I would write est-ce que tu veux t'engager dans les troupes coloniales et tester le jeu ??
or even better voulez-vous vous engager dans les troupes coloniales et tester le jeu ??

Please give some details about your game.

Gracias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Artoos
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's not much reason for Belgians to be proud of their colonial history, quite the contrary, and I'd say the same goes for the other nationalities too. I might have been up for this if the theme and concept are palatable, but I don't have the time right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Rivero
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game and have nothing to do with historical simulation of Colonial era and explotation of natives whatsoever.
Players have a group of explorers, missionaries, anthropologists, doctors and soldiers. They all travel in a steamboat along the river Congo from Leopoldville to remote village of Kindu (1884) before the Conference of Berlin, no borders yet established.
Every scale of the boat players discover stations, missions, hospital, barracks or jungle. With the cards in their hand they must try and get the control of each station, and they get points for that. Every game is completely different due to a ingenious mechanism.
A funny and family game for 2 to 3 players that can be played within 40 minutes.
I already have American and Spanish testers, now I need the 4 above nationalities for thematical reasons.

Already Great Britain confirmed !
Deutschland ist auch schon!

quelqu'un de la France, la Belgique ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spoony bard wrote:
There's not much reason for Belgians to be proud of their colonial history, quite the contrary, and I'd say the same goes for the other nationalities too. I might have been up for this if the theme and concept are palatable, but I don't have the time right now.

Should they be ashamed and apologize?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could test your game, but I'd be the only French player, with most likely Japanese and other American or Neo-Zealandese players.

Would you send the full game or just files to print? The latter would of course require more time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm up for this.

as for the Belgian condemning the colonial period - I think all of us condemn the horrors perpetuated there & then.

But stopping to play a game about this would also mean stopping to play wargames based on "real" conflicts (Squad Leader, Napoleon's Triumph, ... to just name a few from my collection) or even eurogames (hey, my agricola worker went fishing just to block your worker to get that food, now your worker starves). It is not because I play a game simulating a conflict that I support the conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Keppens
Belgium
Meldert
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need another Belgian, I'm in laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Rivero
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Julien I will send the files for you to print and play, they are just 4 sheets to print, a map board and rules are just 3 and 1/2 pages. Everything very simple, quick and easy. Being French and playtesting the colonial Africa game with Japanese and New Zelanders will be very interesting indeed, allez y et tengage dans l'expedition s'il te plaît!

Kris and Philipe you are welcome !

Please send in a private your email address and I will send you the files.

Now we are all onboard and the trip on the steamer along the Congo river can start !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Despite what the flag says I'm actually British.

I just live in Canada.

I'd be very interested in playtesting this game.

Also, can this thread not degenerate into another holier-than-thou competition where each geek strives to prove he is more sorry for and/or disgusted by; colonialism, slavery, warfare, death, suffering, the plight of the polar bear, gladiatorial sports, bullfighting, badger-culling, you-freaking-name-it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
filip de maesschalck
Belgium
lokeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no moral dilemma here: let's put it to the test!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.