GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,403 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

UNO» Forums » Variants

Subject: B.S. Rules aka the drunken bar variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This UNO variant was invented in a bar by some of my friends. We call it “B.S. Rules” – only we say it all spelled out... I'm sure if we thought about it we could come up with a better name, but what the heck, the main inventor was drunk. Plus, we've been calling it that for years.... so, ya know, it just kind of stuck.

It works with regular UNO and UNO Spin. It doesn't work with UNO Attack due to one of the cards, and we haven't tried it with UNO Flash because we think the timer would be too short for the variant.

This variant is quite fun, super evil and not as unbalanced as it sounds:

All draw cards are cumulative. For example, if player one lays down a +2, player two can counter with another +2 so player three would need to draw 4… unless s/he has another draw card. Let's say player three has a +4. Player four would have to draw 8 and so on.

There are defenses though, during the B.S. or cumulative draw phase, a player can lay down a Skip card and effectively skip himself from having to draw the current amount. That amount then goes to the next player. A Reverse works the same as normal to reverse the direction of play and putting the current draw amount to the previous player. If you don't have a Draw card or a Skip card or a Reverse, then you must draw the accumulated cards. Play continues as normal after that until another Draw card is laid down... lather, rinse, repeat.

We've had some long and hilarious games playing this way and my personal record is having to draw 18 cards. The group record is 24, which was not easy to recover from, but we've had people draw 16 and come back and win the game.

With UNO Spin, it's a riot to have the spinner land on Trade Cards to the Left after you've just had to draw a bunch! Buh-Bye, ha ha! devil

Anyway, we haven't played plain vanilla UNO in years now and I thought I'd share this variant with everyone. Hopefully someone will get the enjoyment out of it that we have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
When I first played UNO 15+ years ago, I was taught that +cards were cumulative, and I only found out they weren't a couple of years ago. The cumulative version's better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right! That feeling I get when I have no more "defense" cards and the tally is up to double digits... yikes! soblue

Of course there's nothing like throwing a reverse at the previous player. Especially if they're smug.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.