GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,453 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Indonesia» Forums » Rules

Subject: chit management question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris carleton
Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read over some threads on this but am still a little unclear. So if you could let me know if I am doing this right, it would be greatly appreciated.

When I ship a product to a city, I don't actually move the chit. Instead I take chit(s) from general supply and place them dark side up by the city to show how many the city has received.

I then turn the chits on the plantation dark side up to show they have been shipped.

If I ship all products from the plantation, I then turn them face up again because I must expand. At this time, may I rearrange the chits from their original positions, as long as all other rules are followed?

In our initial two games we were actually moving the chits from their production zones to the cities and turning them face up on arrival.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve E.
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't turn the company chits over (or move them around), but otherwise that's how we play. We just count up how many chits could be shipped, grab that many from the supply, and ship 'em around. Seems to work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The chits on land are plantations, and are face up (no circle). Don't ever turn those over, I don't care what the rules say. You can't move them, and it's not like you're going to forget to expand immediately. When a company operates, you turn the company token (the big square that sits in front of the company's owner) upside-down to show that that company has taken its turn.

The upsidedown chits are used to mark which cities have received which goods things turn, and can also be used to mark which boats have been used by the current company if it's hard to keep track of a large company. Don't forget to take the latter ones off at the end of the current company's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris carleton
Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, for example, if my rice company has two chits and I ship both of them, I would indicate that by taking two chits from the general supply and put them dark side up on the approriate cities.

Then, if on the R&D table if I am at 2 for expansions, I would then add another two chits to my production zone, and would now have a total of four chits on my plantation.

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Seitz
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes that sounds right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris carleton
Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
Taiwan
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ccarlet1 wrote:
Then, if on the R&D table if I am at 2 for expansions, I would then add another two chits to my production zone, and would now have a total of four chits onin my plantation.

Is this correct?

Sounds good, but just want to clarify that you mean a plantation of size four and not four chits in the same space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris carleton
Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.