GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,481 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Defenders of the Realm» Forums » General

Subject: Solo Play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Knowles
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you play this solo and if so is it any good this way?

bikerboy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been discussed just yesterday.
Read this thread for the designer's point of view on the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as I have a copy of the game, I plan on trying to work out a good solo experience unless someone beats me to it. Some ideas that I have is play with two characters and give them each a "fast" horse. In the normal game each character moves 1 space per action (most characters I have seen have around 5 a turn). With a horse a character can move 2 per action. So, I am wondering if you gave the characters a little more speed they might be able to cover enough area. Or maybe start with a horse and additional actions. The main idea would be preserve the games tension ("We are all going to die!") but not giving the player only 10% chance of winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be posting a Variant that will be very helpful to Solitaire players in particular (as well as coop games with less than 4 Heroes) that want the tension of the Basic Game set up, but not a significant reduction in their chance to win. Look for that Variant to be posted within the next week.
Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Knowles
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx much,everyone.It sounds very interesting.

bikerboy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:
I will be posting a Variant that will be very helpful to Solitaire players in particular (as well as coop games with less than 4 Heroes) that want the tension of the Basic Game set up, but not a significant reduction in their chance to win. Look for that Variant to be posted within the next week.
Richard

What happened to this Variant?

Or has it been posted somewhere and I just totally missed it?

Wouldn't be the first time that has happened to me... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Knowles
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear ya.I haven't seen it anywhere,either.I did check the game's website and found nothing there.(www.defendersoftherealm.com)

bikerboy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bikerboy wrote:
I hear ya.I haven't seen it anywhere,either.I did check the game's website and found nothing there.(www.defendersoftherealm.com)

bikerboy

Is that the website for this game? It looks like an Everquest related page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.