GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

picture by Beorndog.

This supplement for Last night on earth is probably my favourite out of the 4, it comes with 7 translucent figures and a scenairo which unfortunately is printed on a A4 piece of paper instead of the cardboard that all the other scenairos are made from.

That being said the only bad thing about that is if you like to play random scenairos. Because the piece of paper certainly does not fit well with the others.

The figures are just as good as the ones that come with the original game and also Growing Hunger if not better (they are the same moulds but they are a very cool translucent green!) They certainly stand out when they are on the board.

The scenario itself is very different from the others in the base game and Growing Hunger expansion by the radioactive zombies starting off in the middle of the board but this is a must as the heros objective is to destroy the meteor in the centre of the board. The games that I have played the hero player ended up running away from my horde of zombies and just took pot shots at the meteor but when a radioactive zombie caught up to them they had trouble killing it and when thy did the fact that the dead zombie stayed on the board after it was dead and still effected the game was a huge bonus.

If the grave dead zombies didn't start their turn in the centre this game would tend to be a race to the centre of the board and would make it a sad outcome for the zombie player or players.

This scenario is more favoured to the heros but I can't complain because my favourite scenario which is the manor house I believe is more favoured to the zombie player so it sort of evens itself out.

Pros:

More cool zombies.
Zombie figures that stand out from the green, brown and red zombies.
The ability to use the radioactive zombies in different scenarios.
Did I mention more cool zombies!

Cons:

Scenario is in my opinion easier for the heros to win the game.
The dreadful A4 scenario paper compared to the cardboard ones of previous expansions/supplements.
My wife always likes to be the heros!yuk

If you like the base game and have Growing Hunger this is a very good addition to it and I think you would be glad you got it.

I give it:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Zombiegamer
msg tools
If you are concerned with the element of random drawing, I would suggest using a d12 and giving every scenario a number roll the d12 and if it comes up with that number than you still got the element of randomness in play. I agree though cardboard would have been nicer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WalkingDead wrote:
If you are concerned with the element of random drawing, I would suggest using a d12 and giving every scenario a number roll the d12 and if it comes up with that number than you still got the element of randomness in play. I agree though cardboard would have been nicer.

It's not been a problem for me, as we've yet to try all the scenarios. When we have, I can see that we're gonna hit 20 scenarios (with all expansions). Then we're gonna list all of them, and roll a d20, like walkingdead suggested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Royal
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one has made a printable version of this scenario that matches the size of the others yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Coe
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sinfreealex wrote:
No one has made a printable version of this scenario that matches the size of the others yet?

Bump. I would also like to have this scenario published in the standard card format. Has any fans done this or is it offered by Flying Frog in this format? (the pic on thier site still shows a piece of paper.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.