GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: Help: How to Insert external image rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I need help getting an image onto the geek. It isn't going to pass as a game picture but I would like to use the insert external image tool. When I do it asks for the URL of the picture. What do I need to do to save my picture in a way that will allow me to put it on the geek using the insert external image tool?
Thanks in advance for any patient people who take the time to teach technologically illiterate noobs a trick or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical Mass wrote:

I need help getting an image onto the geek. It isn't going to pass as a game picture but I would like to use the insert external image tool. When I do it asks for the URL of the picture. What do I need to do to save my picture in a way that will allow me to put it on the geek using the insert external image tool?
Thanks in advance for any patient people who take the time to teach technologically illiterate noobs a trick or two.
If the image is out on the net somewhere, then you get the url of the image with your browser.
In Firefox; Right click on image, select copy image location
In IE; Right click, select Properties, then highlight and copy the Address (URL) line.

Come back to BGG, in your post, type [ IMG]http:/ /www.majhost.com/gallery/spearjr/random/a_me_small.jpg[ /IMG] without the spaces. Like so:

If the image is on your hard drive, go to your user page and click Gallery, then click [Upload Image]. Upload the images to your user gallery, then you can use the image as if it was in a game gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered just uploading the image to your personal gallery? This is what I do when I have an image that doesn't belong in a game gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uploading to my gallery is the approach I was looking for after all. I had done it once before and not used it for years so forgot. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.