Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Games Played (11/12/2004) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clans - Played for the first (and second) time. Interesting game with a lot more depth than is at first apparent. Ability to play well definitely benefits from multiple plays. Fun. I like it.

Condottiere - Played for the first time. Fun game but two player game seems to suffer from the "snowball" effect. (Once one player starts winning, there's virtually no way to stop him). Enjoyable. Would like to play with more players.

Lightning: Midway - Played for the first time. Looks like it will be a fun game. The Japanese player got a Force advantage early in the game that he used to good effect. The U.S. player (that'd be me) was forced to play "catch up" and I never was able to catch up. Interesting game mechanics. Like any card game, it can suffer from a "luck of the draw" problem, but I'd like to play this one again. I'm sure I can do better next time!

Cartagena - Played for the first time. Candyland with a twist? Another "simple" game where ability to play will benefit from repeated plays.

Memoir '44 - Played the post publication scenario St. Lo (Attack on Hill 192). I played the Germans and the game was going well for me until an Allied airstrike devastated my left flank. After that, it was all over.

Good night of gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.