Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: What's the difference in these two games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep seeing reviews that say Rette Sich Wer Kann is a good game. Then I see reviews that say Crocodile Pool Party is trash...yet RSWK is listed as an alternate name for CPP. I own neither so I'm asking, "What's up?"

Can the less expensive CCP be used with RSWK rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, these are two very different games
Rette Sich Wer Kann 1993 (aka The Lifeboat Game) is a terrific negotiation game about surviving a shipwreck in leaky lifeboats: vote on which lifeboat springs a leak, and then which player's piece gets tossed overboard to compensate! The Crocodile Pool Party looks to be pretty dumb: see Tom Vasel's review http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/26975 ('The game had negative “Fun Factor”, and I felt weeks of my life drained while playing it.'). If you like cutthroat negotiation (and dont mind pitching people overboard to certain death by drowning), get The Lifeboat Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Rette Sich Wer Kann is just one of the many game names to have been used for multiple games; off the top of my head, Halali is another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flash!
Ahhh, thanks Joe, finally I get it. : )

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.