GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,416 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Song of Fur and Buttons» Forums » General

Subject: Different scales? or Eureka minis available in the USA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
When I retired, I decided to explore the Seven Deadly Sins. Perhaps I shouldn't have started with Sloth. It's been four years and that's as far as I've gotten.
mbmbmbmbmb
I own some Eureka minis which I ordered direct from Australia. Nice work, but it was very expensive. (I have Pig Tickler - cute game!)

I'm interested in the Fur and Buttons setting, but it's simply too expensive to get minis from Australia.

So, two questions:

1) Does the book include advice for much larger scales, as it's easy to find teddy bears larger than the 28mm Eureka figures. But they'd probably be a fair bit larger.

2) Is there anyplace in the US that sells Eureka minis which might be cheaper than ordering direct?

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day Steffan,

Great to hear you're interested in Song of Fur and Buttons.

To answer your questions mate:

1) I'm sorry, but there is nothing in the book describing how to use larger figures. I assume that you would be talking about fluffy toys here? Such a large game would need a huge area to play in (like a full lounge room most likely. I suppose you could do that, but you would need to scale up the measuring sticks accordingly. Perhaps changing the millimeters to centimeters might work?

2) You are in luck with ordering directly from the USA as there is a Eureka branch in the USA.
Here is the direct link to the Teddy Bears in particular:
http://www.eurekaminusa.com/catalog.aspx?c=Teddy%20Bear%2028...

Here is the link to the frogs and turtles:
http://www.eurekaminusa.com/catalog.aspx?c=Warrior%20Frogs%2...

I hope this helps mate and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
When I retired, I decided to explore the Seven Deadly Sins. Perhaps I shouldn't have started with Sloth. It's been four years and that's as far as I've gotten.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ben! Nice looking models!

I can't say that seeing "13 variants, supplied randomly" fills me with any joy, though. If I ordered 13 models, I'd want 13 different ones, not a randomly grabbed bunch with duplicates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems, I know that Nic (Eureka Oz) always makes sure there's at least one of each variant in the pack.

You could always email the USA one and ask them? Just tell them what its for. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. They're all good blokes.

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
there are these. http://sirrob01.wordpress.com/category/papercraft/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.