GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,031 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Attacker's turn of course.

Based on the SK rules I don't see why a precence of a leader would prevent MMC from trying Self-Rallying.

However this EOP by Eddy del Rio states in Pages 23-24: GT4 RPh that the rules don't allow it and "The one MMC self-rally during the player’s ATTACK phase is limited to an MMC out there by itself".

Can anyone clarify this?

If the answer is no, then what if the leader himself is Broken and failed his Self-Rally? Surely at least then the MMC can try to Self-Rally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
In 3.1(f): "No unit may attempt to rally more than once per player turn"

Since a leader-directed rally will almost always have an equal or better chance of success than a self-rally, there's simply no point in attempting a self-rally instead of a leader rally when a Good Order leader is present.

The full ASL rules do specifically prohibit any self-rally in a location containing a Good Order leader, but I don't think that this prohibition is present in the ASLSK rules. This might be an oversight, but this prohibition might also have been deemed unnecessary for ASLSK... there are no Commissar leaders who shoot troops that fail to rally!

A broken leader does not prevent self-rally in either ASLSK or ASL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richfam wrote:
Since a leader-directed rally will almost always have an equal or better chance of success than a self-rally, there's simply no point in attempting a self-rally instead of a leader rally when a Good Order leader is present.

Except a self-rallying MMC could produce a Leader right? So why not try if the changes are equal (I suppose only the 6+1 Leader (edit: or Injured Leader!) makes it equal, but anyways...)

Well, whatever rule I decide to use at least it's nice to know a broken leader doesn't prevent self-rallies. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hipsu wrote:
If the answer is no, then what if the leader himself is Broken and failed his Self-Rally? Surely at least then the MMC can try to Self-Rally?

Not allowed. The "free" MMC self-rally must be the first rally of the turn.

Edit: Ooops - the minor differences between the full ASL rules and the SK rules are starting to expose themselves to me. It's unfortunate that there are any.

If you want to play the SK so that you don't have to re or unlearn anything...

(1) don't allow the free MMC self rally attempt in a hex with any GO leader and

(2) always require that the Attacker's free MMC self rally attempt be the first rally of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
fubar awol wrote:
Hipsu wrote:

Not allowed. The "free" MMC self-rally must be the first rally of the turn.

Edit: Ooops - the minor differences between the full ASL rules and the SK rules are starting to expose themselves to me. It's unfortunate that there are any.

If you want to play the SK so that you don't have to re or unlearn anything...

(1) don't allow the free MMC self rally attempt in a hex with any GO leader and

(2) always require that the Attacker's free MMC self rally attempt be the first rally of the turn.

In full ASL, the rules state that the *first MMC* rally can be a self-rally. You are therefore allowed to attempt to rally a leader before deciding on your "free" self-rally.

Not sure about starter kit, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hipsu wrote:
It's Attacker's turn of course.

Based on the SK rules I don't see why a precence of a leader would prevent MMC from trying Self-Rallying.

However this EOP by Eddy del Rio states in Pages 23-24: GT4 RPh that the rules don't allow it and "The one MMC self-rally during the player’s ATTACK phase is limited to an MMC out there by itself".

Settled already, but to be clear, I meant "out there" without a leader. As I mentioned in the EOP, it has to be this way, otherwise hypothetically an MMC could attempt SR and fail; then a leader present in the same hex could attempt SR and succeed. Having finished SR attempts (RPh (e)), then the just-rallied leader would attempt unit rally (RPh (f)) of the MMC that failed to SR, but this would be a 2nd try for the squad's rally, and this is not allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.