GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,528 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Javin Lum
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi fellow gamers,

I have read the rules post, and a similar question for this is from Geoff of Australia who have asked this question and Shaun have answered.
In that for Round of 16, Quarters, Semis and Finals each player is given 3 cards to play and no extra turns.

However, tonight, 2 of my friends and I played that out. Which seemed that the player who had 2 teams in the Finals and 3rd/4th placing had a disadvantage due to the fact that he had to allocate his hand to 2 teams whereas the other 2 players can concentrate on their single team.

Coming back, i read the amended rules and its clear that for the Round of 16 and Quarters it is "3 cards dealt each player"

However, for Semi-s it states "Play the same format dealing 3 cards per participatinig team" I am assuming that team and player are different? Or it could mean that "the same format" means that 3 cards per player?

If that is the case, does it seem fairer to have 3 cards per team so that they are strong enough to handle their own opponents?

Can anyone clarify? Thanks.
Pardon me if the question seems answered already but i would really like to check about the teams and players part.

Thanks to Shaun too for creating such a fun and exciting game! We really enjoyed ourselves and i would like to check this out before the next game.

[edited: spelled Shaun's name wrongly. Opps!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Derrick
United Kingdom
Coventry
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Javin, it is always 3 cards per player, not per team in all KO rounds. Getting many of your teams to progress in the KO stages is not always the best option. Only one team can win the World Cup! There is no bonus for getting more teams through than anyone else into any particular round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javin Lum
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Shaun!

Thank you so much for an official answer. Apologies if i didn't catch it in your earlier answers.

Looking foward to the next game! The game is great!
Thanks once again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.