GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,607 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Origins registration rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Maier
United States
South Haven
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for some help registering for Origins events. I log in and I have a badge but I see no place on the page to choose events. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhead3000 wrote:
Looking for some help registering for Origins events. I log in and I have a badge but I see no place on the page to choose events. Any ideas?

GAMA is reporting that on Facebook site that registration is not available yet. They don't know what is going on with the third-party company that all registration is going through.

I will try and keep things updated here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been able to add any events to my badge (except for generic tickets).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Maier
United States
South Haven
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deep Thought
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Chrono Trigger represents potential. Results require action.
badge
It is not a certainity, but I have come to believe it possible that some entity wished for us to witness these events. Perhaps it wanted us to see all of these various ages.
mbmbmbmbmb
Raise your hands if you're surprised they missed the deadline they'd earlier set..

I love Origins, but they do make it difficult to stay optimistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This just posted by GAMA in regards to event registration:

The problem has been addressed and the system seems to be working but in doing so they reloaded the event list, which means we're fixing a few upload problems (again) and resetting the ribbons (again) and are doing that now. Go live time is now 9pm Eastern Time rather than push it off until tomorrow. I'm hoping doing it this evening will be convenient for most of you and I apologize to those of you that this time isn't good for. Barring any problems once it's actually live we intend to stick to the rest of the schedule (roleplaying tomorrow at noon and everything else on Friday).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Maier
United States
South Haven
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for relaying the information. No Facebook at work so unable to follow updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Benjimin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not half as think as you drunk I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop events and Ribbons are now available (at least I was able to purchase them, YMMV)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hakthir wrote:
Tabletop events and Ribbons are now available (at least I was able to purchase them, YMMV)

Ditto.

And truthfully... putting all the patience aside, I do think that the new registration system is pretty cool. Let's hope there was a major learning curve this year, and next proves to be much much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Zehnal
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Raising money to end cancer because those with cancer have better things to do.
badge
I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body.
mbmbmbmbmb
I registerd for Tabletops, Roleplaying, Ribbons and Generics for myself and two children. Overall, not a bad system once up and running. Looking forward to registering for Miniatures and Special Events later today and then the convention to begin.

For my first game of Origins 2010, I think I might have a slight lead in the Registration Battle. My positive morale presence is probably worth a few points. Waiting for adjudication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.