GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,442 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Days of Steam» Forums » General

Subject: Differences in graphics between Stratamax and VG versions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin B.
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

can anybody tell me what the difference between the Stratamax and VG versions are? I assume that rules are the same, but I am interested in the graphics: is it better or the same in the VG version?

TiA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
mbork wrote:
Hi all,

can anybody tell me what the difference between the Stratamax and VG versions are? I assume that rules are the same, but I am interested in the graphics: is it better or the same in the VG version?

TiA

I only glanced at the Stratamax version, but the VG version looks the same to me -- yucky...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
aaxiom wrote:
There's a title on the VG box.

Yes, but they had to make the box about 5 times the size so they could fit it in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Michael
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been photos of both submitted.

The StrataMax version graphics are bolder and simpler.
This is partly due to my preferences for obvious and easy to read graphics and a desire to try a different style than usually seen in games. Also we had to change graphics companies late in the process resulting in the artist and layout pro only having a week to complete the job from scratch. Not much time for chrome. They did a remarkable job.

The Valley Games version has a more traditional euro games look. The clearest examples of this are the inclusion of buildings in the towns covering a more muted color scheme and the grass like texture on the track tiles. Valley Games did a great job giving their version it's own unique look.

I, of course, like them both.

Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin B.
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the answers!

It is possible that pictures of both are submitted, but the graphics of both looks similar, and I thought that the VG version will be *a lot* different. Personally, I would prefer a more, say, Carcassonne-ish style , and not the simple one, but I guess I'll give it a try anyway - the game looks very promising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.