GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,486 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenario is taken from exp #2 rulebook. Can't see why not....

--2pa game
--one player starts with Rebel Cantina, 6 random cards in hand, and adds Rebel Alliance to hand ater discarding down to 4 cards
--The other player starts with Imperium Warlord, 6 random cards in hand, and adds Imperium Seat to hand after discarding down to 4 cards
--takeovers are on

Alternatively, could one substitute Rebel Freedom Fighters in the place of Rebel Cantina to mix things up more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Is this a variant?

It's, uh, certainly not how every game is supposed to be played . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Is this a variant?
This is taken from the exp#2 rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should work. Why not? Only problem is it is meaningless, because BoW has so many other cards with takeover powers. In a real rebel vs. imperium scenario there should be a mechanism to encourage players to keep their tableau pure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2-player Takeover Scenario (bottom of page 6 in the RvI rules) seems to be just a way to allow takeovers to be more likely in a 2-player advanced game. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work just as well given the additional takeover cards in The Brink of War.

I'm not sure about allowing Rebel Freedom Fighters to be swapped in. It seems a touch overpowered compared to Rebel Cantina or Imperium Warlord - but I haven't played with that expansion yet. Give it a try and see how it works out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brough
msg tools
mbmb
jearles wrote:
I'm not sure about allowing Rebel Freedom Fighters to be swapped in. It seems a touch overpowered compared to Rebel Cantina or Imperium Warlord - but I haven't played with that expansion yet.

I'm not sure RFF is overpowered, but it seems to have higher variance. Get some Rebel cards early on and you're set. Don't, and you're a little weak. (It's a bit like Doomed World in this respect.) So giving RFF a guaranteed Rebel card in start hand? Not a good plan; that pushes it to the high end of it's variation, meaning it will be overpowered. I already thought the Rebels had the advantage in the Takeover Scenario, because the Rebel Alliance takeover power is just so much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.