GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Minotaur Lords» Forums » Rules

Subject: Oracle of Filal & cursed minions... "no text". rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philippe Leroux
Canada
Aylmer
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we play an Oracle of Filal, can we discard a cursed minion?
How far does "no text" go?
Thx,
Perduicitte

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my game handy. What does the card text say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I blazed through Oracle to Filal discarding cursed minions without thinking twice.

I think the curse sets the Power to zero and removes all the text. I believe a leader is still a leader, a minion is still a minion, etc...

Additionally cursed cards retain their Phase indicator. That is what we use to uncurse. So I think somebody would be hard pressed to make an argument that a minion ceases to be a minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minotaur Lords rules wrote:
A cursed card is considered to have a 0 power rating and no text.

"Card text" according to the diagram on page 3, refers to the text in the box at the top of the card. I don't believe it refers to the info on the side that indicates what kind of card it is. I'd agree that a cursed minion remains a minion and a leader remains a leader. For example, since you can only have one leader in a column, I would say you can't play another leader if your current leader in that column is cursed. Your leader is still there, he's just moping around being ineffective because of the curse.

So, yes, I'd say you can discard a cursed minion to satisfy playing the Oracle card. If they wanted to exempt cursed minions, they could have said "discard a uncursed minion" or "discard a minion with power 1+".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Leroux
Canada
Aylmer
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys,
Sorry I didn't see the thread earlier.

I agree, but I might do a house rule about that, then:
What self-respecting Oracle would take a cursed offering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.