GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,717 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: Avatar - hand size, Shadowcloak rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bartek Rozbicki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

Two more questions:

1. What for is hand size on Demon Prince Avatar card? Is it possible that avatars can wield any weapon. If not, what is purpose of this?

2. Shadowcloak (trees). Figure must stay in adjacent space to attack or can be 1 space away? In another word: 1 range is needed to attack figurine with Shadowcloak ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The Demon Prince's ability means that in EVERY dungeon (not just be overlords keep) your hand size is increased.

2. Figures with shadowcloak (i.e. figures in trees as well) can only be attacked from adjacent spaces. That means either a melee attack, or a ranged or magic attack which rolls at least 1 range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
I think the problem is with the word 'hand'.

In card games, a hand is the set of cards every player is dealt.

So, the hand size refers, not to a physical ability, but to the number of cards you can keep, i.e. usually 8, but 10 for the Demon Prince (and 2 extra cards for the spider queen if she bought the corresponding upgrade).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Hehe. Hand size is how many cards you can have in your hand, not what a monster can have in his hands :)

2. 1 space away IS adjacent. So you have to be next to the figurine with Shadowcloack, then roll at least range 1 for ranged and magic attack to hit (melee only misses on roll of X) like normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.