Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: How can I make and hex board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fran F G
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
Café Race is a race game set in a business office. The players take the role of office workers going upstairs to the first floor to get a cup of coffee who then improvise a race while they are going back downstairs… with a cup full of coffee.
badge
Someone you trust is one of us. Fnord. - Ich bin ein Spielfreak, aber ich spiele sehr selten
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone knows a free software that I can use to make an hex board? I want to make an hex board with forest, river, lakes, mountains, and so on... nothing very much well made, but clear and useful.

Any help is valued.

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
you can buy them (blank hexboards) or use the pieces from settlers and scan them and then copy&paste!
Cheers
Lexen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game board
You could also use a PBEM utility program like Aide de Camp or CyberBoard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
On paper?
You can use this utility to make your own Hex graph paper. From there it's some creative cutting and coloring to get your goal.

http://www.incompetech.com/beta/hexGraphPaper/create.pl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carey
United States
Mount Pleasant
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chessex sells hex mats that I've heard are really nice. Haven't seen one in person though. Here the link:

http://www.chessex.com/mats/Battlemats_Megamats.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try http://www.geocities.com/Jake_Staines/

Can't type more, gotta run!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran F G
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
Café Race is a race game set in a business office. The players take the role of office workers going upstairs to the first floor to get a cup of coffee who then improvise a race while they are going back downstairs… with a cup full of coffee.
badge
Someone you trust is one of us. Fnord. - Ich bin ein Spielfreak, aber ich spiele sehr selten
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

Absolutely incredible! Amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Save the cardboard cut out from a hex game like Kings&Things or Settlers is what I do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much help but I'll keep looking
I found a long grain and short grain hex map at groganrds.com ADC, I think. I used Corel Draw to create long and short grain kex sheets of various dimensions including several 36 x 48 inch map sheet of Battle Cry hexes.

I am fortunate to have had free access to a wide format b&w engineering printer that prints of 36" wide rolls of paper. we sold the demo unit and cannot get another one due to customer back orders.

But most Kinkos have a Xerox 510P device also and for a fee based on square footage will print your hex map file from a floppy. It is certainly more affordable in b&w.

We may get a new wide format color printer for the show room in January so I'm looking forward to some self-paced sales training in the near future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Licata
United States
knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
AutoRealm
This is more then I ever wanted in a mapper and I still have not been able to master it.

http://autorealm.sourceforge.net/

Download it, try it, and thank all those who have worked on it. (I am not one)

By the way, there is an autorealm yahoo group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran F G
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
Thanks a lot to all! I got all the info that I want.

You are great dudes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.