Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: A Mighty Fortress Missionaries? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Does anyone know the distribution of the values of the missionary counters in A Mighty Fortress? There are 36 protestant and 30 catholic...

thanks,
Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kermit Rickenberg
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
check the online rules
Look at the entry for that great game again within this website. I seen rules uploaded to that game not to long ago.

Long live the Reformation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
not in the rules...
Unfortunately, the rules don't have a counter scan and the online counter scans only show the front (which is a '?' on the missionaries), so there's no way to know how many 1s, 2s, 3s there are in the missionaries...so if anyone with the game is willing to count the theological scores for the missionaries and let me know that would be very appreciated! thanks,
Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I know why you are asking! {And I've been wondering the same thing.] Problems: 1) A Mighty Fortess is fantastically expensive on those rare occasions when it is available which forces us unfortunates to find alternates. 2) The alternative is that there is a Cyberboard gamebox and all the rules and charts available online. 3) But unfortunately that gamebox is a "50% donkey" job -- all the units are one-sided. So, the missionary units only have the "?" side and their true value remains a mystery.

You might offer some GeekGold on the game's section asking for a complete scan of the backside of the units or something like that. Or at least post this question there so it is more permanent and more likely to get an answer eventually. I'll be watching for the answer, at least until such time as I discover a complete copy of the game at a thirft store for $2.50. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.