Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Stupid, Stupid Settlers of Catan Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Smith
United States
Thompsons Station
TN
flag msg tools
mb
I'm kind of new to games in general, and I spent this weekend playing my first five games of Settlers. I have a really stupid question that I couldn't find a specific answer for in the manual, the alamanac, or any online FAQs. If a player has two or three settlements/cities bordering the same hex (say I have two settlements on a forest hex with a 6 on it), do they collect for each settlement/city that borders the hex, or only once? (in the previous example, would I get two wood on a 6 or just one?) We played that you would collect for each settlement/city you have on the hex (Leading to a max collection of 6 from one hex if you had 3 cities on it).

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Martin
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
This above all: To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup
Yes, you collect for each settlement or city on the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Got wood?
You collect for each and every settlement/city. In your example, you get the two wood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
each
Your interpretation is correct. You'd collect 2 wood and a maximum of 6 cards would be possible from one hex.

Each village on the hex gets you one card in that resource, each city on the hex gets you two cards in that resource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...
I thought this was pretty clearly listed in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.