GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,804 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Planet Steam» Forums » Rules

Subject: Setup doesn't include the bonus resources for the first year does it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Skellett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
A wolf and a penguin could never live together, nor could a camel and a hippopotamus. That would be absurd.
badge
And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was taught this game it was a 4 player game & we were all busy learning & helping to set up the game. We put the resources on the appropriate levels on the supply chart (6, 9, 8 & 14 in a 4 player game) & were told to also put 1 of each resource on the bonus resource spaces, then we started playing.

The mistake I think we made was that when we put the bonus resources out we should have reduced the supply levels of each resource by 1. Is this how everyone else plays? The bonus resources for the first year aren't included in the setup are they?

Because we put the bonus resources out for the first year as part of the setup we neglected to lower the supply even though we did it in all the other years. We actually did it in phase D, the year end phase, not that it really matters except in the first year.

The mistake became apparent when I bought my own copy & played a two player game where not all the bonus resources are taken which then led me to the rulebook. I had already played three 4 player games making this same mistake.

I just thought I'd check whether anyone else has made this mistake & confirm that it was actually a mistake. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, they're not part of the setup, they're part of the 1st turn, so they do affect the supply.

Seems to be quite a common error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Correct, they're not part of the setup, they're part of the 1st turn, so they do affect the supply.

Seems to be quite a common error.

Apparently, I've always been making it (every year in fact). Quite a difference, I'd imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.