GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,019 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Suggested Tournament Scenarios - CC:E, CC:M and CC:P rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Toronto Area Boardgaming Society (TABS) is organizing a Combat Commander tournament for our quarterly meet-up in September.

We're going to be using a Swiss-system tournament format, and we've worked out most of the other details except which scenarios to use. Obvious choices are the free tournament scenarios already used at the WCBC tournament and available at CSW - we'll consider those first, but we'd like to not "ride on the coat-tails" of the hard work of other tournament organizers where possible.

The organizers are going to be selecting three scenarios from each module and make one from each module available for play in each of three rounds. Players have the option of selecting from the available scenarios for play.

Ideal scenarios are ideally short(er), low(ish) unit count and well-balanced.

Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
No responses, hmmm?

I guess I'll try cross posting this to the CC forum.

I've also posted it on CSW... but I guess either it's a dumb question or no one has the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the Tournament scenarios on the GMT site?

http://www.gmtgames.com/combatcomm/CC_WCBC-tourney-scenarios...

We used these at a home-brew tournament on a Saturday once; they're balanced and interesting.

Edit: Oh, well, when I actually read your post... still, those are good scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
What about the Tournament scenarios on the GMT site?

http://www.gmtgames.com/combatcomm/CC_WCBC-tourney-scenarios...

We used these at a home-brew tournament on a Saturday once; they're balanced and interesting.

Edit: Oh, well, when I actually read your post... still, those are good scenarios.

Why don't you require your tournament to use the Random Scenario Generator? It would be really awesome and I don't think its been done.

Every game of the tourney would be different for every pair of players. And if you wanted to avoid the problem of "this scenario we ended up with is so unfair" then enact a bidding system after the scenario has been generated.

The RSG is good and from what I understand creates very balanced scenarios.

Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tournament scenarios I referenced are a sort of "half" RSG. There are some things that stay the same, such as special rules; but the particular forces can change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.