GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,927 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Variants

Subject: one of my powers: chronozoan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
CHRONOZOAN [O:BGG] Gets Extra Encounters
You have the power of time manipulation. Whenever you are involved in an encounter add a Cosmic token to your alien sheet. During the Destiny phase of any turn, but before the flip, you may remove two tokens from your alien sheet to have an encounter immediately. After this encounter is finished play resumes where it left off.

History: Originating from a world of endless temporal shifts, the Chronozoans learned to subtly manipulate the ebb and flow of time.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Novice. This is a Rules type power.

Wild: Discard this card during the destiny phase to have an encounter against a colony of your choice.

Super: You only need to send one token from your sheet to get another encounter.

It's a lot like machine, but gets to choose what turn to get the extra encounter in. The catch is a different limitation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does "involved" mean? Main player? Ally? Kibitzer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At Jack Reda's site, there is a theme power list of making the various Edicts (Artifacts) into powers. This would fit in as a power based on Timegash.

"Involved" is pre-Fantasy Flight speak. It's shorthand for "main player or ally".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just making sure. I doubt I'd invite this alien to ally at all. He'd get almost as many encounters as Machine....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Lesavoy
United States
West Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:

It's a lot like machine, but gets to choose what turn to get the extra encounter in. The catch is a different limitation.

Does the machine only get 1 additional encounter? I played a game the other night where the machine was involved and based on the way we read the FFG Alien sheet it seemed like he had unlimited encounters.
Machine's Alien Sheet wrote:
You have the power of Continuity. Your turn is not limited to two encounters. After completing an encounter (whether successful or not), you may use this power to have another encounter as long as you have at least one encounter card left in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Machine can have several extra encounters, as long as the player has at least one encounter card in his hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I forgot they do it that way. Guess the wording needs fixed. But yeah you probably won't get invited that often. the trick is that you don't have to have your extra encounters on your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeah, Yeah OK, OK
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it needs a better name. Like "Boor" with the power of rudeness, or the power to interrupt, or to cut in line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, I prefer the idea that they do minor time travelling to get extra turns.

Updated text:

CHRONOZOAN [O:BGG] Gets Extra Encounters
You have the power of time manipulation. Whenever you are a main player or ally in an encounter add a Cosmic token to your alien sheet. During the Destiny phase of any turn, but before the flip, you may remove two tokens from your alien sheet to have an encounter immediately. After this encounter is finished play resumes where it left off.

History: Originating from a world of endless temporal shifts, the Chronozoans learned to subtly manipulate the ebb and flow of time.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Novice. This is a Rules type power.

Wild: Discard this card during the destiny phase to have an encounter against a colony of your choice.

Super: You only need to send one token from your sheet to get another encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO this power could get more interesting if you also added the option of discarding two tokens to cancel a player’s second encounter. Machine would be immune to this effect, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that would fit nicely with the "ebb and flow" part of the flavor text. I'll have to think about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.