Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Can I let these games wait? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
The following games, though firmly entrenched on my want list, did not make the final Christmas list I will pass on to my wife and parents.

Can I wait on these games? My main concern is that one will go out of print. Though some of the games are very, very high up on my want list, they did not make my final Christmas list because I feel safe that they will not be OOP anytime soon (i.e. Acquire). Here they are, in no particular order.

Memoir '44
Colossal Arena
Acquire
Sleuth
Wyatt Earp
Camelot Legends
St. Petersburg
I'm the Boss
Princes of Florence
War of the Ring
Mu & More
Tichu
Category 5
Bang!

So, do you see any problem with waiting on these games. I will probably get them all or most within the next year, along with:

Winner's Circle
Traumfabrik
El Grande
Ra
Through the Desert
Wallenstein

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Christenson
Canada
Hay Lakes
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem on waiting, other than the obligatory @But you REALLY should get BLAH right away. It's too good to pass up!'.

I think you'll be okay on waiting on those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Acquire IS out of print. For the first time in forty-odd years, it's currently OOP. When the last of those big box AH copies go, they're gone until AH/Hasbro/General Mills/Microsoft/Whoever they are now chooses to republish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Yikes
I'd better reorganize to get Acquire right away.

What about Princes of Florence. I just read on someone's GeekList that it was going OOP. Any truth to this ugly rumor?

-goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyatt Earp is OOP with Alea according to Brett & Board. Not sure if that means Rio Grande will not reprint when they sell out, but I would guess so.

Princes of Florence is at an age that it might be OOP soon.

I don't think there's anything else to worry about on your list. Can't confirm Aquire, but that's sad if Hasbro took it out of print after this long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bove
United States
East Lansdowne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you realize that Ra is OOP currently (at least the English language version is). But rumors have Uberplay re-releasing it in Q1-2005.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.