GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,928 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Heroscape Master Set: Swarm of the Marro» Forums » Rules

Subject: rules on order markers and Marro Stingers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adrian bai
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need help on 2 situations:

1) If all other army units are dead leaving only 1 army group, can I place all the order markers on this army card (thus giving the army unit 3 turns of activation)?

2) The Marro Stingers' (from Swarm of the Marro) special ability - Stinger Drain states that on a roll of 1-4 (on a D20) destroys that stinger (which has 1 life) and cannot attack for the turn. If it has only 1 life and is destroyed, isn't the last part of the sentence redundant? Does it mean the remaining stingers cannot attack because of this? Wouldn't this cause the whole unit to be greatly disadvantaged? Or does the ability mean a single roll for the whole unit of 3 figures such that on a roll of 1-4, a stinger is destroyed and the remaining stingers cannot attack and on a roll of 10 or more, ALL stingers get +1 to attack for this round?

Thanks

Adrian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. Also, you can pile up your order markers on a single unit even if you have several available units.

2) That last option. Roll just once for the entire squad, not once per figure. If you get 1-4, destroy one stinger and lose ALL of your attacks for this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adrianpeh wrote:
1) If all other army units are dead leaving only 1 army group, can I place all the order markers on this army card (thus giving the army unit 3 turns of activation)?

Yes.

adrianpeh wrote:

2) The Marro Stingers' (from Swarm of the Marro) special ability - Stinger Drain states that on a roll of 1-4 (on a D20) destroys that stinger (which has 1 life) and cannot attack for the turn. If it has only 1 life and is destroyed, isn't the last part of the sentence redundant? Does it mean the remaining stingers cannot attack because of this? Wouldn't this cause the whole unit to be greatly disadvantaged? Or does the ability mean a single roll for the whole unit of 3 figures such that on a roll of 1-4, a stinger is destroyed and the remaining stingers cannot attack and on a roll of 10 or more, ALL stingers get +1 to attack for this round?

The card says "If you roll a 1-4, you must destroy a Marro Stinger you control and you cannot attack this turn."

That means exactly what it says; one of the Marro Stingers dies and you don't get to attack that turn. Note that a round is a series of player turns, one for each Action Marker placed, so when it is your turn once again, if you have another Action Marker on the Marro Stingers you can try again.

As for all such unit-based questions, the best place to quickly find an answer is The Books of HeroScape on HeroScapers.com (click on The Book of Marro Stingers to see the card and answers to most questions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adrian bai
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!

I clicked on "The books of Heroscape" and got a page where the replies were all deleted by Revdyer.

Anyway, thanks once again.

Is there a website which has all the army cards of all the units available for Heroscape?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adrianpeh wrote:
I clicked on "The books of Heroscape" and got a page where the replies were all deleted by Revdyer.

??? The main Books of Heroscape page has links you can click that sort the list different ways. I normally select 'Alphabetic'.

adrianpeh wrote:
Is there a website which has all the army cards of all the units available for Heroscape?

Same answer - the Books of Heroscape page has all the army cards of all the units available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.