GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,246 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about a few cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reese McPherson
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Sword Masters of Hoeth

Warrior.Elite.

Battlefield.Cancel all combat damage assigned to this unit.

Example : My opponent attacks me with 6 damage. Sword Masters of Hoeth have 3 hitpoints. Will all 6 damage be canceled , or does this unit take 3 damage (equal to its hitpoints) , cancel all 3 , and the other 3 will go straight to the capitals section ?

Rune of Hearth and Home

Epic.Spell.

Play during your turn.

Action: Heal all damage to your capital.

Does this spell also heal a burning section of my capital ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about a High Elf Unit
Your opponent must assign all 6 dmg to the SoH, who then cancel all of it. That is assuming nothing makes the damage uncancellable (Mob Up, Bloodthirster).

Basically, if SoH defends in your BZ and nothing makes damage uncancellable, 0 combat dmg will go through to capital, regardless of how much dmg the opponent gets to assign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Du Rietz
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
As for the rune, short answer is... No.

Long answer would be something in the term of that burn tokens aren't considered damage tokens, but a condition for a part of your capital depicting it's utter defeat and destruction.
Unless Rune of Hearth and Home was very poorly written, the spell shouldn't repair the burned zone... They would need a firetruck or something for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
Steek wrote:
They would need a firetruck or something for that.

Now desperately awating the 'Dwarven Firemen' card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Ross
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Dam the Man wrote:
Your opponent must assign all 6 dmg to the SoH, who then cancel all of it. That is assuming nothing makes the damage uncancellable (Mob Up, Bloodthirster).

Basically, if SoH defends in your BZ and nothing makes damage uncancellable, 0 combat dmg will go through to capital, regardless of how much dmg the opponent gets to assign.

Actually, P.12 of the rules says:

Quote:
Note that more damage can be assigned to a unit at the attacker’s discretion,in anticipation of the Toughness keyword or other damage cancellation effects, but a minimum damage equal to the number of remaining hit points possessed by each defending unit must be assigned to each defender before any damage can be assigned to the defender’s capital.

So in Reese's example, shouldn't at least 3 damage be assigned to the Sword Masters, which would then be cancelled. But the other 3 damage is assignable to the capitol (and therefore not affected by the Sword Masters). Assuming of course that no other units are defending and the Sword Masters have not taken any damage so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen Duvendack
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sross wrote:

So in Reese's example, shouldn't at least 3 damage be assigned to the Sword Masters, which would then be cancelled. But the other 3 damage is assignable to the capitol (and therefore not affected by the Sword Masters). Assuming of course that no other units are defending and the Sword Masters have not taken any damage so far.

This is corrected in the FAQ. You have to assign at least enough damage to a defending unit to destroy it and include all cancelling effects that are already active. Since the Swordmaster cancels all damage, there's no way to get damage through to the capitol if a Swordmaster is defending.

The only ways would be to make the damage uncancellable, or to prevent the Swordmaster from defending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Ross
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Danke Jürgen. I hadn't realised that FFG has changed the rules.

Have I mentioned how much I hate the state of the WH:I rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reese McPherson
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for the info. You guys are of great help.cool I still have 1 question about SoH. If I play DE vs HE , and I use my support card : "Witch Hag's Curse" on SoH , does that mean his damage cancelation will be disabled so he can be destroyed ? And if I use that support card , his "Traits" will still be there , "Warrior.Elite". Would that still have any effect on the gameplay ? If so , can someone explain what that would be ?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that would bypass their damage cancellation.

About the only trait that counts so far is "Skaven".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Du Rietz
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Darke wrote:

Now desperately awating the 'Dwarven Firemen' card

'Dwarf Fire Brigade'
4R, 3D - 1P, 1HP: "Engineer. Forced: After this unit enters play, remove up to 1 burn token from this zone's section of your capital. Then inflict damage equal to 1 less than the sections remaining HP"

Not bad, not bad.
Worded as above, would work wonders with a high capital toughness deck.
An optional wording would be, "...place an amount of damage..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.