GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,871 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Innovation» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reference Cards v1.1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb

Additions include better layout, colorblind reference, and age #s/icons reference.

Comments are welcome, this is near-final but not printed yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the colour blind reference. I really appreciate that you have made the effort to make this easy for colour blind people to play. I wish more publishers would do this. I can't play Race for the Galaxy because the planet colours are too close in colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pride
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice additions! It gives newbie slightly less disadvantage when playing with veteran.

I would probably reword the ACHIEVE like this:

To claim, must have score at least 5 x age number in points, and top card of equal or higher value. Points are not spent, keep them.

Only to keep score keyword more familiar, and clearer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:
Thanks for the colour blind reference. I really appreciate that you have made the effort to make this easy for colour blind people to play. I wish more publishers would do this. I can't play Race for the Galaxy because the planet colours are too close in colour.

It's too bad that you're colorblind, but don't let a handicap slow you down. Just mark up the cards that confuse you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:
Thanks for the colour blind reference. I really appreciate that you have made the effort to make this easy for colour blind people to play.

I'm completely naive, I was wondering what those symbols meant. Thanks for clearing that up!

These cards look much better, I especially like how it shows what ages contain what symbols.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like the changes...much more easy to locate the info at a glance.

Will these cards be included in the components sent out to those of us who have the initial run of 120 along with the actual cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks great! I really like having the list of which icons appear in which decks. I have a couple of small tweaks to suggest, though.

Where you say "If any opponent shared a non-demand effect" it would be great if you had room to say something like "If any opponent shared a non-demand effect, and it had an effect...".

The rule that says "if you draw from a pile, and it's empty, take the next pile up" is not a rule about the draw action; it's a rule about drawing, whether instructed to do so by an action, the free draw for sharing, or a dogma. So it would be better if this could be put on the back, as an explanation of what "draw" means, rather than on the front, where it appears to apply only to the draw action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
andylatto wrote:
This looks great! I really like having the list of which icons appear in which decks. I have a couple of small tweaks to suggest, though.

Where you say "If any opponent shared a non-demand effect" it would be great if you had room to say something like "If any opponent shared a non-demand effect, and it had an effect...".

The rule that says "if you draw from a pile, and it's empty, take the next pile up" is not a rule about the draw action; it's a rule about drawing, whether instructed to do so by an action, the free draw for sharing, or a dogma. So it would be better if this could be put on the back, as an explanation of what "draw" means, rather than on the front, where it appears to apply only to the draw action.

Updated!

And yes, new reference cards will be included with replacement cards to the pre-orderees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:

You're welcome!

I'm glad to be able to do something to help -- Innovation's fairly color intensive, but we tried to put texturing and the markers to differentiate the five colors as much as possible. I really can't imagine what it's like to play most games with wooden cubes and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
I'm glad to be able to do something to help -- Innovation's fairly color intensive, but we tried to put texturing and the markers to differentiate the five colors as much as possible. I really can't imagine what it's like to play most games with wooden cubes and such.

I played this for the first time last night, the little symbols next to the powers that tell you what symbol you're counting to activate the power seem really, really small to me. If you are colorblind and relying on the symbols and not the colors I think they get very hard to distinguish.

But is the symbol associated with the dogma on a card always the majority symbol on the face of the card (appears 2 or 3 times)? I didn't check them all. That makes an easier way to read the cards even if the small symbols are difficult to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

I played this for the first time last night, the little symbols next to the powers that tell you what symbol you're counting to activate the power seem really, really small to me. If you are colorblind and relying on the symbols and not the colors I think they get very hard to distinguish.

But is the symbol associated with the dogma on a card always the majority symbol on the face of the card (appears 2 or 3 times)? I didn't check them all. That makes an easier way to read the cards even if the small symbols are difficult to see.

Yes, originally the symbols weren't there at all, and it was assumed that every card activated on its majority symbol -- it's included to make it a little clearer. It's possible in an expansion we might have a card activate on its minority symbol, but unlikely.

The final cards are a little bit crisper, so hopefully it will be easier to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.