GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,458 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Memoir '44: Air Pack» Forums » Variants

Subject: "New" Rules in Original and Air Pack Scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I've seen this somewhere, but after a great deal of searching on these forums and Google in general, I've been unable to find it.

I seem to remember there being some kind of document that listed the types of "new" rules, that came out after the Air Pack, that could be used in the original and Air Pack scenarios. For example, when you can reasonably substitute Tiger tanks in for the German ones, or whether or not to use Stiff Upper Lip. Am I crazy? Or did such a document exist? (Okay, those aren't mutually exclusive....)

I realize "it's your game and you can do whatever you want", but I want to keep it within the realm of realism as much as possible. I'm most interested in the Tiger tank substitution, but thought that someone had posted a series of other rules/replacements for the AP scenarios.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
made a document about retrofitting Tigers and SWA's into older sceanrios.

Link to his userpage on daysofwonder.com
http://www.daysofwonder.com/uploads/userpages/124149/_2231.p...

The document is also on boardgamegeek.com
http://geekdo.com/filepage/43323/retrofitting-trucks-tigers-...

Stig Morten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D.
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
mbmbmbmbmb
"Stiff Upper Lip" can be easily used in any scenario involving British units with no difficulty. It's a cool ability, but not game-changing enough that you need to worry about upsetting the scenario's balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! Thanks to you both for your insights! The British expansion is the only army-adding expansion I haven't yet gotten, so I wasn't sure how the SUL played out.

I appreciate the help from both of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I just finished a document on Memoir 44 expansions that show which rules came with which expansions including all terrain tiles. It is available on BGG under Memoir 44 or here http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/59282/memoir-44-expansions.

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.