Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: The difference between German Games ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Licata
United States
knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Just to let you know, I deleted a journal entry I had just recently posted. Thinking about it, I was trying to be humorous, but realized too late how it might offend some. Sorry if it had any negative effect on anyone.

I like BBG and general try to be a good member, but sometimes I have a lapse in judgement.

Charles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you have shown good judgement though. Everybody has different tastes in everything, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Licata
United States
knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
It was meant to be humorous and not a comment on anyone's taste.

The only problem is that the humour was too off color.

I momentarily forgot I was in a community I care about.

I realized the mistake, removed the entry, and again, apologize to anyone it may have offended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teacher Fletcher
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I think you're being oversensitive, but ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Licata
United States
knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
OVERSENSITIVE!
Now those are fighting words

You just wait till I tell my Mom what you said about me angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
There you are
Good thing you took that post down. I was offended. It's people like you who...

Ah, never mind. I didn't see it. But, if I did, I would be pissed with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

Ok, that's not true either. I'm not easily offended.

So... uh... looks like we're all friends then. Ok, move along. Nothing to see here.

-goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am offended that you removed it.

Actually, you have actually created a worse situation because there are only a few of us who actually know what you wrote (now that it's deleted) and we can blackmail you, because we know what nobody else knows. Hee hee! Now we have got you.

No you haven't.

Yes you do.

No.

Now we see the violence inherent in the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The editor eats my humorous (to me) sound effect tags. I guess you can't use html-like annotations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Licata
United States
knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Actually, peoples responses to my deleting the journal entry is funnier then what was actually said in the journal entry.

This is very strange

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry
I missed it, too. I'm not easily offended but those who are are often the most amusing. (emoticon deleted)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it a dirty joke? As in...
What's the difference between a German game and...

a) a light bulb?
b) woman?

Anybody care to finish this? A priest, a rabbi and a German game designer walk into a bar and...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just dirty, abominable. Think fetus eating. Or gardening. Yeah, gardening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gardening?
Outdoors style? Worms? Dirt under the finger nails? (shudder) Hey, I'm the Great Indoorsman. I don't touch plants unless they've been killed, cleaned and prepared for eating.

You might rewrite and repost the journal with a sexual theme. It's probably the least offensive offensive way to go. Be sure to use asterisks to complete the d***y w**ds and either plenty of emoticons or none at all.

BTW, if you reference food, cereal has been done before and can't be topped. No politics. It's been over done and won't be back in vogue for about 4 years.

Yep, it seems sex is your best option.

What the hell? Go have some and write about it in your journal. No one reads this stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
A priest, a rabbi, and...
a Euro-games designer all walk into a bar. They order a round of drinks and start talking about what they do.

"Tell us about designing boardgames," the rabbi says.

"Well, a lot of it has to do with taking an idea and then wrapping a game around it, or taking a game and wrapping it in an interesting way. For instance, the game Puerto Rico is all about colonizing the island of Puerto Rico and then selling and shipping the goods that are produced on the island for points."

"That sounds very interesting," replies the rabbi. He then goes on to explain what it means to be a rabbi. Subsequently, the priest goes on to explain Catholicism as well as what it means to be a priest.

"Wow," says the Euro-games designer.

A BGGer just so happens to have been eavesdropping at a nearby table and he leans over and says, "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Board game design sounds pretty interesting." He then turns to the priest and the rabbi to quip, "what you guys do sounds interesting as well, but you have to admit...

...the themes seem a little 'pasted on'. I mean, how am I going to get my agnostic friends to buy into it?"

Perhaps a lame attempt at finishing your joke, but it seemed appropriate for the site. Questions yet to be answered:
1) what were these three guys doing walking into a bar in the first place?
2) what do a preist and a rabbi care about board games?
3) how did we get off on this tangent in the first place?

As a Catholic, I object to this joke...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a lame attempt at finishing your joke, but it seemed appropriate for the site. Questions yet to be answered:
1) what were these three guys doing walking into a bar in the first place?
2) what do a preist and a rabbi care about board games?
3) how did we get off on this tangent in the first place?

Not so lame and inoffensive after all. I'm impressed.

1) Why does any group of three guys walk into a bar in a any joke? It's a traditional set up line for 1.1 million jokes.
2) See number 1. Poking fun at religious perspectives is traditional bad joke material. Most really of them are really bad.
3) I'm a tangenital kind of guy.

I'm an agnostic at best so little offends me.

Seriously, I've edited and deleted some my own stuff. Probably not enough stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
3) I'm a tangenital kind of guy.

I fail to see what nude sunbathing has to do with anything. Was that a topic in the post in question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.