Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Salt Lake Tribune Article rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I live near Salt Lake and visited Game Night Games on the first day they were open and found it to be an attractive and great place to play games there.

Today, in the Salt Lake Tribune, the shop received great exposure, as did the games it sells, in a great article.

Enjoy!

-Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Utahns'?
The possessive form of "a resident of Utah is "Utahns'"? surprise

That's just creepy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great newspaper article. Would be nice to see more like it. Sounds like the reporter might be a gamer??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Night Concept Growing
That was a nice article. Curiously, at about this same time another game store with a similar concept--come play the game at the store--is opening near SLC this week also. Good news for us "Utahns." Good news for boardgaming generally. I hope the concept is a success!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Another store?
Greg,
Where's the other store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Crossing
The name is Game Crossing. According to the owner, whom I spoke with 2 weeks ago, it is at about 50 something South and (I think) Redwood Road (sorry I can't remember the exact address). He has been planning this for a long time now. He said it would be open just prior to Thanksgiving, so I guess that is now. Sounds similar in concept to Game Night (which I think is a great place). I wonder if this game store concept has been successful somewhere else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, us Utahns need a good game store.

I went over to Game Night and it is a fantastic store. It is a little hard to find, but the atmosphere is great and the people are nice.

They have a huge selection of games, and it seems like they are focused on board games, as they do not sell too many miniatures, RPG's or CCG's.

They have a bunch of tables set up and encourage gaming groups to go in and play. They have several demo games. It seems like they are really trying to encourage a gaming culture. I hope that they are successful.

However, I did not buy anything. Instead I went right over to Deseret Book and bought Pioneer Trivia and Mormonopoly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.