GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
18 Days Left
Ticket to Ride: Europe
Players collect sets of coloured cards to be able to build connections between major cities in Europe. Their ultimate goal is to build consequent connections between multiple cities, which form a "route" between two distant cities (the longer the Route, the more points they get for it). These Routes are pictured on the Ticket cards which players start with and can also take during the game further. But beware! Unfinished Tickets are worth negative points!
- One of the easiest rulesets available and the game can be picked-up in 5 minutes.
- Beautiful components - the map, the card(art)s, the PLASTIC WAGONS!
- Tense play, especially in higher numbers of players, where you have to plan more closely than in a 2-player game.
- At the end of the game you see what you have built - the whole network is visible and really nice on the map!
- The 1912 expansion adds more meat to the game and refreshes your repeated plays.
I don’t like
- The only caveat would be the low thickness of the cards and thus the possible wear (but fear not, the card set can be bought separately!).
Type of game group
- Any kind of a group (well, maybe traditional wargamers and heavy euro-strategists might smirk about it, but let them have some time to adjust, they might eventually . One of the ultimate Gateway games out there for me!
Total Plays – 15
First played 2008
Last played 2010
Review date 2010-06-03
What is an LDL review?
The LDL review geeklist.