GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,896 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: New game in the making? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Quinlan
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
http://www.manifestorgame.com/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Gargoyle's Quest" Gameboy, 1990
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the term is "shill."

See this thread further down the page.
New Game in the Making - Manifestor
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
I think the term is "shill."

See this thread further down the page.
New Game in the Making - Manifestor


More of a flood than a shill.

If a week ago he posted saying "Hey guys, I have this new game; check it out!" and then today he just posts a link, is he really trying to act like an uninvolved observer?

I don't think so. He's just flooding the forum with his link.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Today in "how to turn off potential customers" ..
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus the suggestions that he got in regards to the rules look like they were ignored. I read through the rules a bit and started to gloss over after a few minutes. The book needs some work.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Quinlan
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
My God, what a bunch of douchebags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was trying to disguise my post, I would have had a friend post it so my name wasn't visible.

Yes, I am trying to gather some intereset. I admit that I'm not sure the protocol involved, but I certainly didn't expect the slew of negative comments, I mean c'mon, I've never said a single bad word about anyone here...what exavctly is your guys problems. I thought this website was for fellow gamers that loved boardgaming as much as I do....EXCUSE ME for wanting to make one. I'll bet all the tea in China that all you guys are little 16 yr. old goobers, never had a girlfriend, and belong to the same little click. Get a life!!
At least I'm trying to "do" something, not knock down others so I can feel better about myself. Grow up guys, your immaturity is showing.

I don't mind critisizm when the intention is honestly trying to help out, but it's rather obvious you guys aren't trying to help...so keep your petty comments to yourselves, bitches!! One day, maybe when you've passed thru puberty you'll understand what I'm saying, but probably not!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Proper-Lee
United States
Levittown
NY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
Today in "how to turn off potential customers" ..


Fits even more after the little tirade above. shake
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merlin88 wrote:
My God, what a bunch of douchebags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was trying to disguise my post, I would have had a friend post it so my name wasn't visible.

Yes, I am trying to gather some intereset. I admit that I'm not sure the protocol involved, but I certainly didn't expect the slew of negative comments, I mean c'mon, I've never said a single bad word about anyone here...what exavctly is your guys problems. I thought this website was for fellow gamers that loved boardgaming as much as I do....EXCUSE ME for wanting to make one. I'll bet all the tea in China that all you guys are little 16 yr. old goobers, never had a girlfriend, and belong to the same little click. Get a life!!
At least I'm trying to "do" something, not knock down others so I can feel better about myself. Grow up guys, your immaturity is showing.

I don't mind critisizm when the intention is honestly trying to help out, but it's rather obvious you guys aren't trying to help...so keep your petty comments to yourselves, bitches!! One day, maybe when you've passed thru puberty you'll understand what I'm saying, but probably not!


It's "clique" and "through." My intention is only to help, of course, at least as much as a 16-year-old, girlfiendless, bitchy goober that has yet to go through puberty can.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Quinlan
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Quote:

It's "clique" and "through." My intention is only to help, of course, at least as much as a 16-year-old, girlfiendless, bitchy goober that has yet to go through puberty can.



Okay, I admit I may have over reacted, but I was honestly expecting some helpfull insight instead of childish insults. I was a bit upset by the responses.
I don't mind critisizm when the intention is not meant to insult, but I don't see that here. I'm not going to let a few comments deter me, if this one doesn't pan out I've got several others in the works, this was my first attempt....guess I was just expecting a little support instead of ridicule, oh well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a nice rant. You stuck to the cliche points completely. Started with insults, moved to a passive Martyr complex, went with the everyone else is a child and then continued with "You can't talk to me!" whine. Oh, and name calling. It was a perfect response on the internet.

However, unfortunately, your rant wasn't at all descriptive of the people you aimed it at. It was more descriptive of the individual making the comment.

As mentioned in a previous thread, your rules need a lot of work. In between your last thread (Several days ago) and this one, it appears you didn't change or comment on a thing. It appears that instead of trying to improve or respond, you merely are flooding your link and that reflects badly on the poster.

No one belongs to a clique or some West Side Story gang that goes around the forums looking to beat down people. What people believe in is to discuss ideas in single locations to keep information from being too spread out. People believe in providing insights that others may miss. People are generally cordial individuals except when it comes to people who are perceived to be violating social norms, such as by flooding links.

As a note about your site, it may be helpful to have a single page / PDF with the rules and pictures so it can be viewed as a whole.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Kai sums this thread up quite nicely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread locked.

Admin note:

As a general reminder, users are always expected to express themselves in a courteous and respectful way. Geekdo policy is to issue a warning on a first offense and to follow future offenses with temporary posting suspensions of increasing length. Rather than responding to content that you find offensive, please consider flagging any offending posts as violations by using the icon. This serves two functions - first, if enough users flag a post then it will be collapsed from general view. Second, flagging posts helps bring them to the attention of the forum moderators.

Finally, in extreme circumstances you can hide all content posted by a user from your view by using the Hide User's Posts option in the menu found under the person's username. Please remember that making any public mention of who is on your Hide List is considered a zero tolerance offense.

Thanks!


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.