GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What other games have modular mounted boards similar to those found in Conflict of Heroes, Band of Heroes, or ASL? No paper maps please.

Thanks.

Aside Note: Did I just go blind, or is the wargame forum section missing? I was trying to post this in the Wargame section but couldn't find it anywhere. Was it dismantled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The early Panzer Grenadier games, e.g., Panzer Grenadier: Battle of the Bulge had mounted maps. Later games are cardstock or paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy ones first I guess; Squad Leader, Panzer Leader, Panzer Blitz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
jcikal wrote:
Aside Note: Did I just go blind, or is the wargame forum section missing? I was trying to post this in the Wargame section but couldn't find it anywhere. Was it dismantled?

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamesubdomain/4664/wargames
Selectable via "Subdomain Forums" on your front page (assuming your layout doesn't hide that section).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other Avalon Hill wargames with geomorphic mapboards include The Arab-Israeli Wars, Firepower, IDF (Israeli Defense Force), and MBT (First Edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Viktory II has a modular board, but not set in a specific historic time period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:

But not "similar to those found in Conflict of Heroes, Band of Heroes, or ASL", i.e. rectangular boards with many hexes printed on them representing some coherent area of terrain, as opposed to individual hex tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Pone4games wrote:

But not "similar to those found in Conflict of Heroes, Band of Heroes, or ASL", i.e. rectangular boards with many hexes printed on them representing some coherent area of terrain, as opposed to individual hex tiles.

But it is "similar" as it is a modular board. Did not interpret the original OP request as "similar" meaning "having to be rectangular." Hopefully the OP will clarify and I will happily remove my recommendation if that is the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
But it is "similar" as it is a modular board. Did not interpret the original OP request as "similar" meaning "having to be rectangular." Hopefully the OP will clarify and I will happily remove my recommendation if that is the case.

Agreed, it's not entirely clear exactly what was intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Rommel
Canada
flag msg tools
RMB ("Rommel's Battalions/Brigades") has good modular maps for desert, europe, d-day, and other theatres of WW2. They come in 3 inch or 2 inch variety hexes so they are usuable with 15mm miniatures, or with 1/72 scale / FOW type WW2 minis. They can be converted to the smaller 1 inch variety for ASL if required.

I am the creator of those maps so I may be considered a little bias, but they are pretty dam good quality. I have not been very active the past yearin the production of them due to more important matters in life, but that will be changing soon.

I put a sample link of one of the Stalingrad maps is below. Hopefully it works. Sorry but my regular website has been down the past year so only the player forums exist at the moment.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/19254194/homepage/name/360394?t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.