Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Emergency clearance sale at multiman publishing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thi Nguyen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Everybody's favorite wargame-publishing-company-run-by-a-baseball star, Multiman, current home of ASL, OCS, and Great Campaigns of the American Civil War, seems to have some sort of lease-warehouse problem thing and are moving and are having a fire sale type thing.

There's some ASL scenarios, some OCS games on sale (including Korea: The Forgotten War, which is pretty hard to find now, but is now discounted down to $50 from $80).

I picked up Korea. Now I am happy.

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/sale/sale-new.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridges...
I picked up the two bridges (A Bridge Too far and Pegasus Bridge) before realizing that I need the Brits as well and not just the Yanks. blush

Guess I'll have to do some alternate history here and have the Americans land instead.

So if anyone got a copy of "Yanks" and/or "West of Alamein"/"For King and Country" to sell, feel free to contact me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"...some sort of lease-warehouse problem thing and are moving and are having a fire sale type thing."

Yeah, I hear they need the room for all those copies of Up Front they plan on publishing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard they were going out of business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devi "Day" Hughes
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Orange County Board Gamers - come play games with us! http://www.ocbg.net
badge
Prince With A Thousand Enemies
mbmbmbmbmb
MMP is not going out of business. If they were, I'd expect everything to be on sale. As it is, just a subset of the ASL line is on sale; it's all stuff that they don't plan on reprinting. There's some non-ASL stuff on sale, too, but not much.

Here's the scoop from the MMP page:

Have you ever had a bad day at the office? Thursday, November 18th, we went to the warehouse to restock the office and were told by the warehouse manager that their lease expires on 12/31/04 and that we had to either leave or expect to be moved (at our cost!) north of Baltimore by that date. Talk about a kick in the midsection! We've got 42 days to find a new place and move our warehouse. Not a huge problem, when you've got a full-time staff to deal with the move/planning, but for MMP at the holidays (when we usually close to be with our friends/family) it's a real concern.

First up is to clear out what stock we can and what better way to do that than have a sale. One we were not expecting to have and are totally unprepared for. So, over the course of the next few days, we'll be putting items on this sale page. If you do not see an item on the page it is not on sale! Please don't call and ask at the office, we've got a ton to do to get ready before the end of the year! We can hire temporary help to pack orders and help with the move, but answering calls and questions takes the time directly from Vicki or Lu Ann and they're gonna be busy over the next five/six weeks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel O'Connell
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Alternate reality
"Guess I'll have to do some alternate history here and have the Americans land instead."

Call Hollywood! I'm sure they'd love to make that film.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul Heldrup...
I know you from CSW.

Get For King and Country!

It has very high-quality counters (not that iffy Avalon Hill-produced stuff), and an excellent selection of scenarios...many tried and true.

You can usually get it for around $65-$70 without shipping, from one of the American discounters. Not sure what, or where, it goes for in Europe.

I'd pass on West of Alemain, unless you are crazy about the desert (I am, and I've passed anyway), are mega-rich, a mega-collector, or just plain foolish

Better desert things for ASL are on the way (at the rate MMP is going, it might be two years)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Willour
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
HOORAY
Don't forget Circus Minimus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.